xr500 wifi crashing and not working properly

My xr500 has constant wifi drops and packet loss all the time and it definitely isn't my isp at all plus kinda annoyed on waiting for new firmware last one was in April it's almost August I've used a asus to see if packetloss happens on it and it doesn't only on the xr500 I've factory reset numerous times and even downgraded and upgraded but nothing has helped

• Administrators

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Where are you measuring the packet loss? Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi or are you using 2.4/5GHz separately and does it happen on both?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Where are you measuring the packet loss? Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi or are you using 2.4/5GHz separately and does it happen on both?

My isp provided modem and no no smart connect at all I never use it and Xbox and my phone and pc speed tests

• Administrators

Is it a router i.e. does it provide WiFi as well? Do you still have access to the interface when the WiFi drops? Try these suggestions and see if that helps at all:

1. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  2. Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  3. Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proxity ~3 feet if possible
  4. Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it a router i.e. does it provide WiFi as well? Do you still have access to the interface when the WiFi drops? Try these suggestions and see if that helps at all:

1. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  2. Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  3. Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proxity ~3 feet if possible
  4. Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

It's just a modem no wifi only the xr is and the two on the outside all the way down? It's by my modem and isn't near anything except the modem and outlet

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes the two inside antennae should point straight up and then the outside two all the way down pointing straight out. Okay try the channel changes using an analyzer to find the best ones.

Ok I'll try that and if it keeps acting up then I'll use dfs channels