Bricked NetdumaR2

Ozzie

I was in the middle of a firmware update (latest one). The router was stuck in the update icon spinning, so after nothing happened I decided to physically reset the router. Then it got bricked. How do I recover the NetdumaR2 ?  

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

How were you connected when doing the update via WiFi or ethernet? How long did you wait before doing the reset? How do you know it is bricked exactly - no internet/access to the interface?

I was connect to my pc via Ethernet cable, I waited approximately 30 mins before resetting the router. I know because now it won’t reset and connect to my pc as it did before the update. 

• Administrators

Did you reboot it first or just go straight to a factory reset? Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then wait 2 minutes and try accessing the interface please.

• Administrators

When you plugged in how long did you leave it before doing the reset? Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it gives you access.

I got a similar problem last night and still can't figure out how to solve it. I was using the hybrid VPN interface, and right after I set the usual vpn config the router rebooted and never got it work again since last night; no matter resetting it it won't let me access the dumbs interface or connect to wi-fi through the back-side password or the password I set before. Would like some advices, in the while I'll try what you suggested above

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, IBPxx said:

I got a similar problem last night and still can't figure out how to solve it. I was using the hybrid VPN interface, and right after I set the usual vpn config the router rebooted and never got it work again since last night; no matter resetting it it won't let me access the dumbs interface or connect to wi-fi through the back-side password or the password I set before. Would like some advices, in the while I'll try what you suggested above

Could you make a new topic for your issue please? Just to clarify, when you're trying to access is it giving you the login window? 

Ethernet plugged in, I will go to dumaoas/ or the IP address, it will simply state no internet connection. Wi-fi connection will be available for few mins only, then disappear, both on pc screen and router's LEDs and it won't accept any password. I'm now using your Stati IP method and I managed to get into the interface, but it's so slow it might fail, stuck on the country section by forever.

If I try to log in through browser entering new Username and password it will try to access forever showing a blank screen

Mine don’t even work on the static ip, I honestly left it for a hour or so before the reset. And also when I noticed even though I try the reset button nothing happens on the router, it usually will turn the lights off then comes back on when I used to do it, but now nothing happens. 

After some attempts I managed to set up I think, now stuck in the DumaOs not loaded yet page.

The configuration has been very slow, hopefully I mange to get in and update the fw and reset from the browser 

After the whole set up it won't let me access to the dumaOs or the IP address through browser, neither wifi connection is available. @Netduma Fraser

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Mine don’t even work on the static ip, I honestly left it for a hour or so before the reset. And also when I noticed even though I try the reset button nothing happens on the router, it usually will turn the lights off then comes back on when I used to do it, but now nothing happens. 

Could you unplug the router from power for 24 hours please then plug in, wait 2 minutes, attempt access, if it doesn't work hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try accessing. We've seen in the past unplugging it for that long can bring it back to life.

32 minutes ago, IBPxx said:

After some attempts I managed to set up I think, now stuck in the DumaOs not loaded yet page.

The configuration has been very slow, hopefully I mange to get in and update the fw and reset from the browser 

After the whole set up it won't let me access to the dumaOs or the IP address through browser, neither wifi connection is available. @Netduma Fraser

Could you make a new topic please as it makes it harder supporting two people in a singular topic. Now you've managed to get through the wizard remove the static IP and try accessing again please and let us know in a new topic if that worked.