XR1000 REDUCED SPEED TEST

Need some help, when I run a speed test using the nighthawk app, the max I can seem to get is 400 Mbps up and down. I have also hard-wired directly to the XR with my laptop and get the same speed results. Weird part is that I have a 2nd netgear router(RAX35v2) setup in access point mode only that is upstairs in my office that my desktop and PlayStation is hard wired too. When I run speed test on my desktop I get my 900-1000 Mpbs as I should. (I have 1 gig fiber). I have done the usual turn off QOS, & many of the other trouble shooting ideas that are on this form. Just a little info on my setup,  My fiber line comes into the house downstairs in my basement. The AT&T router has Wi-Fi turn off and is in pass through mode, & is connected to the XR1000 that is next to it. As I said earlier that my 2nd router aka access point that is upstairs is hardwired and plugged into the XR1000 as well. I just built the house so each room has ethernet plugs that run back to my basement where all my equipment is. Any idea why my access point speed test performs way better than my XR? 

Welcome to the forum!

How did you disable QoS? From the three-line menu?

How are you measuring you speeds? Are you using the in-built Connection Benchmark or are you using a third-party speedtest?

Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers to get connected to the internet?

How did you disable QoS? From the three-line menu?   I Believe from the 3 line menu. I have tried en-able and then disabling it to make sure it saved settings as well.

How are you measuring you speeds? Are you using the in-built Connection Benchmark or are you using a third-party speedtest? I am using the built in connection benchmark and the nighthawk app speed test(only looking at the router speed, not speed to my mobile device).

Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers to get connected to the internet? - I am not sure, my xr is assigning all the ip addresses for the devices in my house at my ATT router/modem is in IP passthrough mode.

10 hours ago, steelrain-0725 said:

How did you disable QoS? From the three-line menu?   I Believe from the 3 line menu. I have tried en-able and then disabling it to make sure it saved settings as well.

How are you measuring you speeds? Are you using the in-built Connection Benchmark or are you using a third-party speedtest? I am using the built in connection benchmark and the nighthawk app speed test(only looking at the router speed, not speed to my mobile device).

Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers to get connected to the internet? - I am not sure, my xr is assigning all the ip addresses for the devices in my house at my ATT router/modem is in IP passthrough mode.

Thanks for confirming. Could you quickly do a third-party speed-test on a device connected to the XR via wired, then confirm if the speeds are the same.

If all of these tests are showing the same reduced speeds, it would suggest the XR isn't getting full speeds from the modem. Could you please let us know the model of the modem? It would be useful if we could lookup a manual and check if there's any way that we can configure it differently. Sometimes these modem/passthrough/bridge modes can be a little bit flaky.