Netduma R2 with a TPLink Powerline Adapter - Xbox

ke7een

Hey there.

I’ve had this Netduma R2 for a few months now, biggest complaint with it is not getting full speeds, but that’s okay. Nowadays however, my lag has been very sporadically high in Warzone. 

I reviewed Netduma’s article for reducing lag, and one of the recommendations was getting a Powerline Adapter.

I ordered the one linked in the article: TP-Link Powerline Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit - AV1000.

It setup fine and my xbox is connected online, however when i launch Warzone or any Call of duty game, it gets stuck on ‘Connecting to Xbox live’ and will eventually freeze or prompt a failed connection menu.

Could i potentially be missing something in DumaOS that could be stopping this from working?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What firmware version are you on currently? What speeds do you pay for and what are you seeing on the R2 - also how are you testing that, using WiFi/ethernet through Connection Benchmark or speedtest.net?

Are you using the Geo-Filter at all? If so that could be blocking you connecting, disable it and give that a try. There are no settings generally that should be blocking it working but just to double check disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu and see if it works if disabling the Geo-Filter didn't make a difference.

Hey, and thank you!

I was on like 3.0.x... so i was a bit out of date - got updated, and my speeds have improved a good bit overall! I pay for 600 down / 25 up, and when I run a speed test on R2, I get results of 628Mb down and 28Mb up. As compared to Speedtest.net - I'm now getting a solid 250 Mbps, compared to the 190-210 Mbps I would get prior to upgrading the firmware. I'm running these tests wirelessly - I've confirmed that the my download speeds reach 593 Mbps down while hardwired (Tested on Speedtest.net and on a hardwired Xbox).

I've also resolved the isssue that was blocking my Xbox from communicating properly with Call of duty. That was just a DNS mismatch. For some reason, the Powerline Adapter i setup had a different DNS assigned than what's listed on Dumaos. I'm all connected and lag free. Thank you!