Having issues with WAP router connected to my R2

syrupD

I have an older netgear router as a WAP for my R2 and it randomly stopped working in WAP mode. It doesn’t matter how many times I set it up or how I set it up, it says that the WAP has an internet connection but anything connected to it can’t use the internet. It does work when it’s not in WAP mode. Any idea on what could be wrong with it or any suggestions on what to do? 

9 hours ago, syrupD said:

I have an older netgear router as a WAP for my R2 and it randomly stopped working in WAP mode. It doesn’t matter how many times I set it up or how I set it up, it says that the WAP has an internet connection but anything connected to it can’t use the internet. It does work when it’s not in WAP mode. Any idea on what could be wrong with it or any suggestions on what to do? 

What's the NETGEAR router exactly? When you connect a device to the AP, does this device show up in Device Manager on the R2? Are you able to ping the R2 from the NETGEAR AP?

On 6/24/2022 at 6:38 AM, Netduma Liam said:

What's the NETGEAR router exactly? When you connect a device to the AP, does this device show up in Device Manager on the R2? Are you able to ping the R2 from the NETGEAR AP?

It does show up in the device manager, it’s a WNDR3400v3, I am able to ping the R2. What I ended up doing is turning on the ipv6 on LAN and WAN and the connection worked again. I’ll be sure to post here if it goes wrong again.