NO DATA CENTERS IN REGIONS WITH A SERVER ON BOTH MY PS4's

TheVET54

Hello i am posting on behalf of a friend who recently purchased a netduma r2. he cant make a account on here as confirmation email wont go to his inbox, anyway.

My friend plays on a ps4 he is using a netduma r2, i also own the r2 and a pc and ps4. 

I can geo filter to servers in us/south america on both my PC and PS4, i am able to get a data center however my friend who is using the exact same shapes as me on our map CANNOT connect to any data centers! even with servers close to me and him in the uk like france or germany he is not getting a data center. 

i can put my geo anywhere pretty much on both ps4 and pc and have no problems what could be stopping my friend getting a DATA CENTER  on his own? would this be down to the duma itself... he has tested on both ps4 he owns and still cannot connect to the centers even after factory resetting his duma twice. 

we are seriously at a dead end here with ideas causing this.. 

• Administrators

What is the username he signed up with? Then we can approve the account as I think it would be best so we can get screenshots from him etc as I would like to see a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page and know more about their setup i.e. ISP router model, are all devices connected to the R2, does he have an Open NAT etc.

thank you for the response Fraser,

yes my friends username he signed up with is snakevet54 

and email he used was [email protected] 

He's with virgin media ISP.  he wasnt getting a email come through to confirm his account to use the forum to post his problem

Hi thanks for the reply … as he said I cannot connect to no data centres mostly in Southern Hemisphere … can get ones in Europe … uae and North America but anywhere else all say no data centres but my friend can get them on his PS4 and I have tried to use two and still no luck 

• Administrators
Just now, snakevet54 said:

Hi thanks for the reply … as he said I cannot connect to no data centres mostly in Southern Hemisphere … can get ones in Europe … uae and North America but anywhere else all say no data centres but my friend can get them on his PS4 and I have tried to use two and still no luck 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page please? Are all devices connected to the R2? Do you have an Open NAT? Have you put the R2 in the VM hub DMZ?

• Administrators

The .26 is the WAN IP shown on the System Information page on the R2 is that right? Where are you checking the NAT type exactly?

Can you show the top of the Geo-Filter page as well please? It looks like it is allowing within your radius and blocking servers outside of it

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The .26 is the WAN IP shown on the System Information page on the R2 is that right? Where are you checking the NAT type exactly?

Can you show the top of the Geo-Filter page as well please? It looks like it is allowing within your radius and blocking servers outside of it

I have corrected the dmz information to match wan ip in vm hub … I still have moderate Nat type in WARZONE menu . 

96440673-7436-4F4E-A059-A7671ABB0DB7.jpeg

• Administrators

So the WAN IP shown on the System Information page on the R2 is what you have put in the R2? It's likely the moderate NAT is a misreading caused by the Geo-Filter, if the console shows NAT Type 2 it will be open.

Everything is blocked except for what is in your areas, so it looks like it is working there

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So the WAN IP shown on the System Information page on the R2 is what you have put in the R2? It's likely the moderate NAT is a misreading caused by the Geo-Filter, if the console shows NAT Type 2 it will be open.

Everything is blocked except for what is in your areas, so it looks like it is working there

Still get no data centre ?? So cannot search 

1 minute ago, snakevet54 said:

Still get no data centre ?? So cannot search 

Also in experiencing about 65 percent drop in my internet speed .. from roughly 220 down to 50 on 3rd party Speedtest and duma speed test . 

• Administrators

What do you mean by no data centre so can't search - are you referring to when you first launch the game it says can't connect to data centre and so kicks you back to the menu?

You can check here to get your speeds: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maximum-bandwidth-speeds

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean by no data centre so can't search - are you referring to when you first launch the game it says can't connect to data centre and so kicks you back to the menu?

You can check here to get your speeds: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maximum-bandwidth-speeds

Yes it says cannot connect to data centre when trying to search for a game 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Getting 220 for speed test then roughly around 50 on my PS4 

0AF6173D-1F0E-4A7F-BEC6-CA8A15B9E72D.png

D5707289-1694-4967-8D89-5CE8A9A8F659.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It connects me to online services and fetches profile then when I search for game it say 200 ping and cannot connect to data centre 

• Administrators

Speed tests on consoles aren't entirely accurate - as you can see in the screenshot it says they're estimates only. If you're getting full speeds from another device then you'll all good.

Ah so it's likely they've got some ping limit that they're not letting you go over. Your base ping by the looks of it is about 19ms, I'm assuming you're from the UK so your normal game ping would be about 40ms, so far away like you're searching will be much higher. Your base ping may be why it differs between you and your friend.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Speed tests on consoles aren't entirely accurate - as you can see in the screenshot it says they're estimates only. If you're getting full speeds from another device then you'll all good.

Ah so it's likely they've got some ping limit that they're not letting you go over. Your base ping by the looks of it is about 19ms, I'm assuming you're from the UK so your normal game ping would be about 40ms, so far away like you're searching will be much higher. Your base ping may be why it differs between you and your friend.

We are both based in the same part of the uk tho and im able to get a data center where ever i put my fence on a server on both my PC and PS4... if theres a ping cap how can it cap snake but not me? i dont follow with that 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there any way I can fix this ? As me and my friend have same console and I have a faster internet connection so can’t see why he can reach the data centres but I can’t ? 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, TheVET54 said:

We are both based in the same part of the uk tho and im able to get a data center where ever i put my fence on a server on both my PC and PS4... if theres a ping cap how can it cap snake but not me? i dont follow with that 

13 minutes ago, snakevet54 said:

Is there any way I can fix this ? As me and my friend have same console and I have a faster internet connection so can’t see why he can reach the data centres but I can’t ? 

That's what I mean, the base ping may be the differing factor here, as well as your individual ISPs routing - @TheVET54what ISP are you using and if you do a speedtest.net test what is the ping it gives you?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's what I mean, the base ping may be the differing factor here, as well as your individual ISPs routing - @TheVET54what ISP are you using and if you do a speedtest.net test what is the ping it gives you?

I am with EE ISP and i have a 75mbps package with them full fibre, snake has better internet than me tho lol we cant understand it. normally when i search for games in warzone my ping is either 16ms or 19ms at first searching for a game normally.

i have attached screenshot below from speedtest.net also when im connecting on PS4 i have my full speeds that i should have 70-75mbps. 

so its weird that snake has 220 mbps and is only getting 50 on his test on ps4 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, TheVET54 said:

I am with EE ISP and i have a 75mbps package with them full fibre, snake has better internet than me tho lol we cant understand it. normally when i search for games in warzone my ping is either 16ms or 19ms at first searching for a game normally.

i have attached screenshot below from speedtest.net also when im connecting on PS4 i have my full speeds that i should have 70-75mbps. 

so its weird that snake has 220 mbps and is only getting 50 on his test on ps4 

I totally appreciate that and it's actually quite a common misconception that higher speeds mean better internet which isn't always the case. As in this scenario, your base ping (the ping you have before you do anything on the internet) is 10ms lower than snake - now given you're in the same area that would indicate the routing from your ISP (the route your internet traffic/packets take to reach their destination) may be more optimized than snake. The difference to your closest servers is 10ms already which is quite significant, then throw in a server very far away then you can begin to see where the more increases in ping may happen.

Although you're in the same area there are many more variables at play - even if you had the same ISP it could differ, depends on the wiring in/outside your home, distance to the cabinet etc. 

My console never gives the full speed either but when downloading a game for example it does download closer to the speeds I pay for so just because the speed test says you might have lower doesn't mean it's actually receiving lower. Also gaming requires very little bandwidth, rarely more than 1Mbps and usually a lot less so it wouldn't impact your gaming experience either. 

It's worth noting as well the purpose of the Geo-Filter is to secure the closest servers for the best game experience, not for forcing far away servers to circumvent SBMM so there is no guarantee it will work, as it works for one of you the above is why I suspect that is happening.