Using Express VPN with PS5 - High Ping?

Hi Guys,

New guy around here after purchasing an XR500 yesterday.

I am a gamer (hence the purchase), and having followed all of the steps to add my Express VPN/OpenVPN details onto the DumaOS, I finally got the ‘connected’ sign.

However…..as you would imagine being connected to Kenya my game loaded up and had a ping in the region of 400-500.

After hearing stories of other gamers being connected to these far out countries, they still manage to have a relatively low ping (40-80).

What I would like to know is am I missing something? And if so what steps do I need to take to bring that ping down on far away locations….(No LagVPN is something I have heard of but don’t know enough about it)

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

Just to provide some clarity, there is no possible way that someone could have that low a ping to somewhere that far away - their in game location may show that but it is impossible for that ping to be that low - it would literally break the laws of physics. I suspect what they are doing is assigning the VPN to apply to only specific ports that would fool the in game location to think that is where you are located and then give you a server further away from your actual location. It is however not something we condone and therefore we can't help specifically with that.