High ping (161ms) according to game but acceptable ping (94ms) according to geo filter

jlbush849

Hi Guys, this is my first post, I bought a netduma r2 recently and I'm having some problems, mainly these two.

1.- time to find game with ping assist of 90

2.- the ping that the server shows me in the geo filter is much lower than the one that the game shows me in real time

attached photograph in which my ping according to warzone is 161 ms and the server ping in auto-ping mode is 94 ms

note: im playing on a PS4

Does anyone have any suggestions to solve the problem?

img1.jfif

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'd first suggest clearing your browser cache/cookies, that should resolve the weird formatting issues you're seeing on screen.

The ping on the Geo-Filter is your ping direct to the server (this is what you can control), the ping in game is the ping to the server + processing delay which all games have. We usually expect the in game ping to be about 20-30 ms higher in most cases. If it is higher than this, as you are finding then it indicates the server is under load and you may benefit from forcing a different server.

I would recommend using the radius instead of Ping Assist and include a few servers within the radius, this will speed up the search times.