Why is a lousy mobile Hotspot connection better than my xr500?

Max2110

I have benn playing Vanguard ranked for the past 2 weeks and I get tanked and have pathetic bullet reg. I then switch to a lousy mobile Hotspot and the game feels smooth and I actually have good bullet reg even when my ping fluctuates . How is this possible?

• Administrators

Most likely because the connection is quite unstable that you're experiencing lag compensation, you can get the same experience on the XR, you just need to experiment with and fine tune your settings

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Most likely because the connection is quite unstable that you're experiencing lag compensation, you can get the same experience on the XR, you just need to experiment with and fine tune your settings

Help me 

5 hours ago, Max2110 said:

I have been playing Vanguard ranked for the past 2 weeks and I get tanked and have pathetic bullet reg. I then switch to a lousy mobile Hotspot and the game feels smooth and I actually have good bullet reg even when my ping fluctuates . How is this possible?

Just now, Max2110 said:

Help me 

What should I fine tune 

5 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

What should I fine tune 

Is is possible to start with packet prioritizing? I play on ps5. Which ports should I prioritize? I see there's other games I can choose from eg epik games ports but I don't see call of duty on the list. Maybe I can manually add it? But which are the correct ports? 

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would highly recommend going through our optimal settings guides: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

You don't necessarily need to use ports as DumaOS Classified Games will prioritize the game automatically

I just throttled my ps5 to 3/1 and it did make a difference but not alot. What else can I do? 

1 minute ago, Max2110 said:

I just throttled my ps5 to 3/1 and it did make a difference but not alot. What else can I do? 

For bandwidth allocation should I use device or application? 

• Administrators

As in 3 download, 1 upload? You don't need to throttle it necessarily, just reduce Congestion Control enough so you don't experience lag. You don't need to adjust Bandwidth Allocation. What are your Geo-Filter settings and where are you located?

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As in 3 download, 1 upload? You don't need to throttle it necessarily, just reduce Congestion Control enough so you don't experience lag. You don't need to adjust Bandwidth Allocation. What are your Geo-Filter settings and where are you located?

I'm located in South Africa and we only have one server. I get 23 ping in game and it feels like I'm on 200

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't go lower than 70 because I got a few other devices on the network

• Administrators

Ah that's part of the problem really, you don't have any other servers to choose from, therefore playing around with the Congestion Control percentages until you find what feels best for you is the way to go. Devices will still be able to use the internet when that is reduced below 70.