My xr500 has been dropping internet constantly.

For like the past month or so my xr500 has been dropping internet constantly. I've tried rebooting, also I've replaced my isp modem like 4 times now.  I've even tried running ping plotter as well. I've even factory reset my router. I'm still experiencing dropped internet and high packet loss while gaming, any help would be great Thx 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Regarding the disconnects in LAN Settings set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Can you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please? What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to?

Hello again, after doing a complete factory reset and not loading a saved cfg I'm still experiencing the random dropping of my internet connection. I think i might have an issue with my xr500. I only reset the router and not the modem and the connection comes right back without having to restart modem. I'm new to all of this router tech sorry if I'm not being clear. Also not sure exactly which part you needed me to screenshot again thank you for your help.

Edited by FLUSH23
errors in spelling

Seems to be happening more frequent now. lost connection right after I sent previous message. Then it came back on it's own without having to do a reboot. Sorry I know this is a lot. It's extremely confusing and frustrating. Thx again

• Administrators

Going offline/online will happen as it depends on if traffic is passing through the device at that moment. So the disconnections are occurring still with all the devices having reserved IPs and DHCP having been changed? Can you provide a screenshot of the LAN Settings page so I can see if there is anything else that may need to be changed?