XR500 reboot issue

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some assistance with my specific issue, as many seem to have similar with slightly different circumstances.

My XR500 will be working perfectly well on 2.4 and 5ghz wifi and as wired router, then all of a sudden after a random amount of time (could be 5 hours could be 5 minutes) all white lights turn off and only an amber light will remain. The connection is then lost. Rarely the router will fire up again after a few minutes, but most times it will stay amber, requiring a power cycle.

After it needed a power cycle I recorded the attached log. It references a 'DOS Attack'. Does this give any indication of the possible cause?

Thanks

Budju

log-1645328464052.txt

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

After a reboot the logs are wiped so won't contain anything to the issue unfortunately. 

Set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Also plug the router directly into a wall outlet if possible if you're currently using an extender.