qos help on 502 download 24 upload connection

ryekye

Needing help with qos for 502 download 24 upload speed and you guys should add auto setup to congestion control on xr500! Also should I use my r1 and use xr500 as ap for the features on it or would my speeds be bad on busy network?

14 minutes ago, ryekye said:

Needing help with qos for 502 download 24 upload speed and you guys should add auto setup to congestion control on xr500! Also should I use my r1 and use xr500 as ap for the features on it or would my speeds be bad on busy network?

Plus is there anymore betas to test for xr500? Just curious I have a r1 and xr500

• Administrators

What help do you need exactly? We are planning updates that will align the XR range more with what the R2 offers for example, including Auto Setup. That's entirely up to you and that would absolutely work fine. No beta versions currently available.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What help do you need exactly? We are planning updates that will align the XR range more with what the R2 offers for example, including Auto Setup. That's entirely up to you and that would absolutely work fine. No beta versions currently available.

I have 502 down 24 up and was wondering if I need qos if so I'll enable it but having troubles finding sweetspot for the congestion control settings for connection I have a netgear cm1000 modem and xr500 hooked up don't know if I need to disable qos or not

• Administrators

It's entirely up to you really, in terms of networking you can still absolutely get local congestion/lag with those speeds - it depends on what your network usage is like, are you often downloading/streaming when gaming? If so I would say to use QoS yes and to experiment with the Congestion Control percentages to see what feels best for you. If you don't and you're either gaming or downloading/streaming then you may not need to use it as much.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's entirely up to you really, in terms of networking you can still absolutely get local congestion/lag with those speeds - it depends on what your network usage is like, are you often downloading/streaming when gaming? If so I would say to use QoS yes and to experiment with the Congestion Control percentages to see what feels best for you. If you don't and you're either gaming or downloading/streaming then you may not need to use it as much.

I'll definitely use wired on Xbox and pc and test using ping plotter till I find sweet spot and until xr500 gets a update I may have to use my r1 but network is always busy and the r1 won't provide those speeds that I know of? Plus would r1 work with a busy network due to lower cpu on the r1?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The R1 likely won't be able to support those speeds no but it can handle a busy network no problem

Ok I'll mess with ping plotter with my xr500 and find a good spot until u guys release the mobile update and new firmware