Modem for R2

duma

Hello, I moved into a new house and the previous tenant had Skytel broadband and it was good so I just kept it. However there is no ISP Modem. I used an old Router I had called a Fritz box 4020 and I connected my R2 to that. It seems to be working as a Bridge even though there is no bridge mode available on that fritz box. its kinda jank setup rn tbh. So I have two questions, (1) should I buy a pure modem and if so which one? 

(2) I port forwarded the usual ports for cod vanguard and it still tells me I have a moderate nat type. However when I use just the fritz box 4020 router (no netduma) and port forward with that I get a open nat for vanguard. Any ideas what the issue is? I and using the ip from ipconfig in cmd. 

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You can put the R2 WAN IP in the DMZ of the Fritz and that will give you an open NAT. Once you've done that there is no need to buy a modem - all you want it for is to pass traffic through to the R2 which the Fritz will done fine when DMZ is setup. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. according to this website my fritz box doesnt support DMZ. Ive done the work around that they said and I still do not have an open NAT. Should I change the duma router IP address or maybe there is something else I am doing wrong.