Warzone lag comp, use VPN?

talbyfish

Hi all,

netsuma user from day 1 here but Currently I am only using the duma to share the connection out amongst the family,  gaming with such a low ping on warzone is horrendous for me, that bad I am paying 20 a month for a 4g unlimited SIM card and router which has improved my warzone experience except for weekends when the mobile connection is over loaded. speed tests show 50 down and 20 up with a ping of 40 at night but daytime and weekends  I only get between 3 and 15 down and 3 up which would be playable but the ping is horrendous.(spikes to 300 in game)

Last night I turned 4G router to 3G because i thought it would be less congested and it worked fine, ping and speeds were decent. 

In game  ping usually says 90-110ms but bullets connect no problem. 

On the duma I ping 19ms to nearest UK server and game usually shows 45-50 but like I say it’s unplayable.

In an ideal world I would like to connect to my local server with a ping of 50ms the same as the 3G 4G router using my finer connection, is this possible? I have looked at VPN but you have to pay for them and it might not work. 

Anyone know the location of a server pinging about 50ms for UK users? 

thanks

• Administrators

You could force more out to Europe or introduce some local congestion with QoS off and that would likely achieve what you want to do. Use Ping Heatmap to identify servers around the ping you want then use that to inform your settings

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You could force more out to Europe or introduce some local congestion with QoS off and that would likely achieve what you want to do. Use Ping Heatmap to identify servers around the ping you want then use that to inform your settings

Hi Frazer,

too many people in my house to turn qos off lol.  I have tried forcing the Spain server and Italian server but must have been doing it wrong cos it would never connect. Only thing that worked was USA servers pinging 120ms but was still better than the local.  I will have a play about after the footy.

Talbyfish 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, talbyfish said:

Hi Frazer,

too many people in my house to turn qos off lol.  I have tried forcing the Spain server and Italian server but must have been doing it wrong cos it would never connect. Only thing that worked was USA servers pinging 120ms but was still better than the local.  I will have a play about after the footy.

Talbyfish 

Those particular servers don't always seem to be available unfortunately but yes US is another option, East Coast would give a higher ping but not too high, maybe around 70-80ms.