Halo Infinite Group play help

silviallday

I have XR500. I got tired of getting high ping servers and started using the geo-filter to get better Ping.

While it did solve my problem. I have a new issue and dont really know how to address it. While playing in a lobby with friends some times The match will connect without me.

I believe the game found a server but since the ping requirements are not meet I dont connect and they end up playing without me. 

I have tried making my own lobby and then inviting them to see if under my lobby host it would help but still no luck.

Long story short need help forcing good ping servers while in a lobby with friends. How can I do this?

Halo infinite doesnt come up as a game so instead I made my PC a console. This allowed me to manually set what I want. I also set my location in the ocean so it would only use ping assisst.

image.thumb.png.16d3cf4430dc1367f39bd6f415d9382c.png

Would appreciate any advice.

When im party leader in Halo I add my friends to my allow list on the Geo. Make sure your doing this. When in a lobby you should be able to see your friends pop up on the Geo Filter.. Add them to your Allow list. Then give that a try. Are all your friends somewhat close to your area or are they from all over the place?

Give that a try and see how that goes for you.  It works for me but im also on a Xbox.. Not sure what a PC does different if anythihng..

Good luck!

Zippy.

I appreciate the reply. I have tried many different things. But not this suggestion.

Everyone I play with is east coast. But for some reason with one particular friend on PC I get lots of weirdness.

I will try adding him to the allow and ill get back to you. :D

Yeah im on PC. But if im not mistaken both platforms connect to the same servers. Most people I play with are PC, some are on console.