XR500 Bufferbloat

I need help possibly optimizing my settings for a more stable connection. I have a CM1000 Modem paired with an XR500. My download speeds are around 600 down 35 up. DSL reports marks me at A+ Qual, A Bloat, A for speed. I don't know where to start this is my ping plot just browsing the internet. It's pretty noticeable while gaming I get those random stutters and it just doesn't feel smooth. and I have my QOS set to 70% as recommended. Any help is appreciated thanks

pingplot.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Your plot looks very stable and consistent in those little rises but really that amount is imperceptible and certainly shouldn't cause any stutters in a game. I'd suggest you run a plot while saturating the connection with streams, downloads etc and then see how the QoS percentage you have handles the ping and from there you may need to lower or raise it to get it as low as possible.

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Your plot looks very stable and consistent in those little rises but really that amount is imperceptible and certainly shouldn't cause any stutters in a game. I'd suggest you run a plot while saturating the connection with streams, downloads etc and then see how the QoS percentage you have handles the ping and from there you may need to lower or raise it to get it as low as possible.

Thanks! Here's what I got upon saturating my connection with one YT video open and on COD Warzone ping2.PNG.832151d308550ecc5ff125b468c5d182.PNGpl.PNG.d3cc11ed611d209217a9195f5812153b.PNG

receiving a bit of Packet loss.

• Administrators

Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth so no need to do that for the plot, also one YT video probably won't saturate the connection. You could download this 1Gb test file and that will saturate it https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download as above the bottom graph increases adjust the Congestion Control sliders and see what percentage brings it back down the most to a more stable level