COD Vanguard PC Setup

satinghostrider

Hello @Netduma Liam

Am creating this topic for more insight into optimally setting up the rules for PC on my XR500 Nighthawk.

I noticed that under DUMAOS Classified Games, Games Console is already there. I have changed my PC as Games Console under Devices. I have tried this way (Added Games Consoles as another Traffic Prioritization Rule > Normal Priority (Apply to WAN) but also left Duma Classified Games enabled together previously and both rules switch on and off for traffic priority with roughly the same upload and download packets. I have since deleted this rule since it doesn't make sense as both rules showed roughly the same packet upload/download even though gaming on Vanguard was fantastic. But only with my PC set to Games Console. My issue now is that my uploads is higher than my downloads and I am quite lost if this is abnormal or completely normal?

I am trying to fine tune my connection settings based on my 1gbps upload/download connection which is hardly saturated in the first place as I have less than 10 devices in total in a 3 person household. Any help would be great! I am still not sure if I should set my PC to Games Console though I find it works alot better than setting it as Computer under Device Type which made me rubberband like mad even on low ping servers with no saturation to my network.

Previously setting up just as PC and letting DUMA Classified games run I got alot of weird rubber banding on Vanguard even though my ping was 14ms and the highest was around 60-80ms. Right now, everything is crisp and my hit registration is fantastic I can still kill someone even if I'm shot at first. But I just need to clarify this matter as I have a PC but have to set it as games console for Traffic Prioritization to work properly. Any help would be great to optimise this further. I don't use ping assist at all for simplicity as majority of the time I'm in servers located in Singapore which is anywhere from 9ms-60ms max in game.

My internet connection is consistently 900+ up/down on speedtest.net. I've gotten good kills in lobbies so far under Games Console compared to it being setup as Computer under Devices. So I'd like to know if disabling Duma Classified Games and setting it as Games Console instead under Normal Priority (Apply to Wan) would be a better choice setting to use instead or would you recommend another way based on my setup?

Thanks for the awesome support Netduma Team.

Screenshot_20220110-221916_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-221858_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-221843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Call of Duty  Vanguard Screenshot 2022.01.09 - 22.00.30.43.png

Thanks for making a separate post and adding the extra information, that's great!

I'm really glad to hear it's working well for you, Traffic Prio is detecting and prioritising a lot of traffic so that would likely be why it feels so good in game.

As for the difference between upload and download, this is normal. A lot of users have reported abnormalities like this. I suspect it's because you're prioritising the PC as a Games Console and therefore there may be a few extra packets getting prioritised which perhaps aren't usually. If it's performing well, I'd advise sticking with it!

27 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for making a separate post and adding the extra information, that's great!

I'm really glad to hear it's working well for you, Traffic Prio is detecting and prioritising a lot of traffic so that would likely be why it feels so good in game.

As for the difference between upload and download, this is normal. A lot of users have reported abnormalities like this. I suspect it's because you're prioritising the PC as a Games Console and therefore there may be a few extra packets getting prioritised which perhaps aren't usually. If it's performing well, I'd advise sticking with it!

Most welcome Liam!

Ok so you don't recommend disabling Duma Classified Games and running a separate rule for Games Console>Normal Priority (Apply to WAN) cause my PC is using Ethernet.

QOS was set using Waveform Bufferbloat and that setting attached gave the most consistent result after repeated runs which is why I had to increase the download slightly to 75%. I've also prioritize my PC under flower to 20% as indicated under the general guideline under help in the UI. Is this okay?

1 hour ago, satinghostrider said:

Most welcome Liam!

Ok so you don't recommend disabling Duma Classified Games and running a separate rule for Games Console>Normal Priority (Apply to WAN) cause my PC is using Ethernet.

QOS was set using Waveform Bufferbloat and that setting attached gave the most consistent result after repeated runs which is why I had to increase the download slightly to 75%. I've also prioritize my PC under flower to 20% as indicated under the general guideline under help in the UI. Is this okay?

In most cases, Classified Games does what you need and in that scenario I'd suggest sticking with it.

Yep, that sounds great, good job configuring that!

@Netduma Liam

Just trying this out it seems the amount of packets under both the rules enabled has identical upload/download packets. 

Just FYI.

I probably might delete the 2nd rule off as I doubt the 2nd rule having normal (default) WAN does nothing more for ethernet as DUMAOS Classified Games is already doing that. And I doubt my ISP has QoS priority tags for the apply to wan feature which isn't available on DUMAOS Classified Games rule?

Screenshot_20220111-161856_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

@Netduma Liam

Just trying this out it seems the amount of packets under both the rules enabled has identical upload/download packets. 

Just FYI.

I probably might delete the 2nd rule off as I doubt the 2nd rule having normal (default) WAN does nothing more for ethernet as DUMAOS Classified Games is already doing that. And I doubt my ISP has QoS priority tags for the apply to wan feature which isn't available on DUMAOS Classified Games rule?

Yeah that seems to be the case, go ahead and disable/remove either or and just check it still feels good in-game.

Unfortunately it's hard to measure if your ISP is paying attention to the 'Apply to WAN' feature, we just have it there in case some do. There's no harm in having it enabled if you wanted to.

14 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yeah that seems to be the case, go ahead and disable/remove either or and just check it still feels good in-game.

Unfortunately it's hard to measure if your ISP is paying attention to the 'Apply to WAN' feature, we just have it there in case some do. There's no harm in having it enabled if you wanted to.

Thanks @Netduma Liam. So far so good but I decided to keep the 2nd rule as I've done extended runs with both of them and found that having the 2nd rule drastically improved my anti-bufferbloat (download test) for some reason in Waveform test. I guess there is no harm keeping the 2nd rule and that packet loss and high packet icons in Vanguard is now gone since setting PC to games console with or without the 2nd rule. Apply to WAN may or may not be helping but I'll have that enabled as it's not regressing my performance in games. Lowest ping of 4ms and highest of 102ms. Usually sitting in lobbies with 14-20ms ping.

Appreciate your support and advise in this matter and you can mark this as closed.

😊

9 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

Thanks @Netduma Liam. So far so good but I decided to keep the 2nd rule as I've done extended runs with both of them and found that having the 2nd rule drastically improved my anti-bufferbloat (download test) for some reason in Waveform test. I guess there is no harm keeping the 2nd rule and that packet loss and high packet icons in Vanguard is now gone since setting PC to games console with or without the 2nd rule. Apply to WAN may or may not be helping but I'll have that enabled as it's not regressing my performance in games. Lowest ping of 4ms and highest of 102ms. Usually sitting in lobbies with 14-20ms ping.

Appreciate your support and advise in this matter and you can mark this as closed.

😊

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'll go ahead and lock the topic but in case you have any further issues, please do create a new one and we'll be happy to help.