sky hub set up with R2

rob w

I have been using the R2 for about 6-9 months and the wifi and connectivity has gradually been getting worse.

I have the R2 plugged into the Wan port of the sky hub and the IP address that the sky hub gives the R2 in the DMZ done.

Should i switch the ip address in the DMZ zone to the address that is on the back of the R2.

Additionally is there any other DNS settings that i should change on the sky hub.

I have also updated the R2 to the latest firmware.

Regards

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

No do not change the DMZ address that won't work. Don't need to change DNS either. Did you factory reset after upgrading to .394? 

Are you using Mirror Mode for WiFi? Where abouts is the router located? Is it on a metal surface or very close to electrical/wireless devices?

yes i did factory reset after upgrading and i am not using mirror mode i am isolating the 2.4 and the 5ghz bands as my console is on 5ghz with no other interference.

the router is located in the second bedroom i do have a wireless telephone system that plugs directly into the phone line.

• Administrators

Set the antennae to look like this _ | | _ and use a WiFi Analyzer (there is a free one called WiFi Analyzer on Microsoft Store for Windows) to find the least congested channels and change to those. Have you experimented with the widths at all as they can affect it quite a bit.