No washington server Halo Infninite

Hello,

I was playing on the Halo Infinite Washington server as its the best one withing range I did box it in alone. As of today it has disappeared for me, meaning it my game will connect to nothing. I do see it on the Ping map. I did a test and opened up the ping assist and I connect to a server on the other side of the North America with 80+ ping.

What has happened? is it possible to be banned from servers in the game? or is simply a technical issue with the R2 Router?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's possible the server is under going maintenance or is really busy and therefore temporarily unavailable, it is a Friday so could be the latter. If you can't force it at all with Ping Assist on 0 and your radius just covering that server then that's most likely the case. It is also possible it's moved on the map so if you put Ping Assist at the ping value you get to it you might see it.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's possible the server is under going maintenance or is really busy and therefore temporarily unavailable, it is a Friday so could be the latter. If you can't force it at all with Ping Assist on 0 and your radius just covering that server then that's most likely the case. It is also possible it's moved on the map so if you put Ping Assist at the ping value you get to it you might see it.

Hey Fraser,

Thank you for the quick reply. :)

The ping heatmap shows the Washington server healthy and alive. Ping Assist server range I know the best is (~32ping) this give me normally one of the 2 servers in Virginia and 1 in Washington. Ping Assist turned on with this value sends me to Virginia all the time. My issue with Virginia is I get games that give higher ping that put me in this funny place between responsive and LAG compensation high ping (80+ ping) servers. (Ex: it takes me upwards of 6 headshots with a Battle Rifle (BR) if I get lucky). With the Washington server I more often get responsive games I can 4 shot people with the BR.

Is it possible to have been banned from the server? I have had no issues with your product in the last weeks until now.

• Administrators

All Ping Heatmap does is ping a server so it can respond to pings but may not necessarily be join-able. You could try adding the Virginia servers to your deny list so that only the Washington server can be connected to but if that doesn't work then it may not be join-able for the moment. Try this also just to be sure:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it you can force it more easily. I haven't heard of anyone being banned from a specific server as if you did anything ban worthy you would just be banned from the whole game, you certainly wouldn't be banned for using the router - we've been around since late 2014 and no one has been banned for using it.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

All Ping Heatmap does is ping a server so it can respond to pings but may not necessarily be join-able. You could try adding the Virginia servers to your deny list so that only the Washington server can be connected to but if that doesn't work then it may not be join-able for the moment. Try this also just to be sure:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it you can force it more easily. I haven't heard of anyone being banned from a specific server as if you did anything ban worthy you would just be banned from the whole game, you certainly wouldn't be banned for using the router - we've been around since late 2014 and no one has been banned for using it.

Did the whole bang, going as far as changing my mac address. There are no more good servers to play on anymore if Washington is really gone. Is anybody else able to connect to it?

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It may just be severely under load or undergoing maintenance, I'd recommend checking again on Monday and see if it reappears. Would be helpful if anyone else could comment on their experience.

image.png.261e2072c5d66674f32e53af0c197c28.png

My IP should have refreshed by then also. Hopefully its just maintenance because I can't describe how bad Virginia is compared to 80 ping west coast servers.

Let us know if anybody connects or doesn't to Washington.

@Netduma Fraser Was getting no results so I opted to try two VPN's one recommended in the VPN setup(pureVPN) and another that I need to use Open VPN for. Good news is with either VPN I could once again connect to the St-Louis [I keep saying washington when I meant St-Louis] and Virginia servers. It has something to do with IP; either server side or ISP side.

Bad news is PureVPN is slower than my old connection. The other VPN is faster than my old connection, but its slower when using it over Open VPN.It would be a great suggestion to integrate more VPNs into the router or other VPN types such as Lightway, IKEv2, L2TP/IPsec, PPTP.

I just tested my base connection today, just now actually, and its back to a stable connection and connecting to my favourite server. Maybe it was my ISP.

Side note: is there any plans to release a router with a 2.5g port?

• Administrators

Glad to hear that! Yes it is slower with OpenVPN but we did include Wireguard on the most recent firmware so you can then get higher speeds, though gaming doesn't require much bandwidth at all. 

No immediate plans, speeds that high are not common place yet so it would be very niche