Recommended full fibre provider based on modem?

Hi there

im currently considering changing full fibre broadband providers. currently with Swish Fibre and paying for the 1 gig up 1 gig down package, but the base modem router isnt working well (they said theres an issue with low light on my fibre line and also the ethernet port isnt working) and theyve not bothered sorting it after a couple of weeks despite me being a brand new customer. 

Basically what I wanted to ask you guys is: are there any full fibre broadband providers whose stock modem/router for their full fibre service works particularly well with the xr500? 

I was using zen internet before so considering them - but also remembered people saying that fritz boxes dont have a proper 'modem only' mode so might not get the best results with the xr500. I found that when I tried to bridge an old fritz box with an xr500 on my FTTC connection and couldnt get it working --- but guess the newer 7530 might work better than the older avm routers?

Literally just looking to get the lowest possible ping on warzone while using geolocation to play on UK servers (with the least possible setup hassle). Dont mind if the service is on the expensive side. 

Thanks a lot

Rob

• Administrators

There is no specific modem/router/provider that we would recommend with the XR, it should work fine with any in theory, if you have trouble with bridge mode then using the DMZ instead is a good alternative. I personally use Virgin and have not had any issues with the XR and the hub though I do think the hub works better in router mode compared with modem mode.