XR1000 w/ WIFI extender

Hey guys I have a 2 part question here. So part 1 is I have a nighthawk xr1000 and everything is great. I'm thinking of moving my setup to the garage and had a question. So if I leave the xr1000 in the house and then put a Netgear AX1800 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX20) in the garage and hardwire straight to that will I still have access to DUMAOS features? I'm assuming so since it all syncs up and uses the same network name and password but just wanted to get a for sure answer. 

Part 2

If i still have access to netdumaos features from hardwiring to the wifi extender. I see that the specs for the extender says that the speeds are as follows:

• Band 1: 0.6Gbps @2.4GHz - 1024QAM
  • Band 2: 1.2Gbps @5GHz - 1024QAM

So if I'm correct that just means that if I were to connect via wifi my max speed at 2.4 would be 600mbps and 1.2gbps at 5g but if I connect via hardwire I'm still able to get whatever my max speed is? So if I have a 1gbps download speed plan I could theoretically still get 1gbps download speeds if I am connected via hardwire correct? 

I appreciate any help you guys can give

The setup on it has a different interface but as long as the xr1000 is the main router it's controlling everything going in and out of your typical network.

The EAX20 may or may not reach as far as you'd like if set up wireless...it depends on the house.

1 hour ago, ripndip74 said:

Hey guys I have a 2 part question here. So part 1 is I have a nighthawk xr1000 and everything is great. I'm thinking of moving my setup to the garage and had a question. So if I leave the xr1000 in the house and then put a Netgear AX1800 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX20) in the garage and hardwire straight to that will I still have access to DUMAOS features? I'm assuming so since it all syncs up and uses the same network name and password but just wanted to get a for sure answer. 

Yes, that should work great. You'll still have access to the DumaOS interface and you shouldn't have any issues with NAT etc.

1 hour ago, ripndip74 said:

So if I'm correct that just means that if I were to connect via wifi my max speed at 2.4 would be 600mbps and 1.2gbps at 5g but if I connect via hardwire I'm still able to get whatever my max speed is? So if I have a 1gbps download speed plan I could theoretically still get 1gbps download speeds if I am connected via hardwire correct? 

Yes, that's correct. As long as the ethernet ports on the extender can handle gigabit (which they can), you could theoretically get up to 1000mbps throughput.