XR500 Nat Moderate (Won't Open)

Ok so a little back story, 2 weeks ago a made some changes and went from PS5 to a Built Gaming PC and from regular (PPPoE) internet to Fiber, and even tho i have ports forwarded and tried Upnp and have dedicated IP for devices my Nat still says moderate on Vanguard and Warzone, it used to be open with my last IPS because i had a private IP address (for and extra fee) but with the new one that is not an option and i have friend that have open nats with the same provider.

My new ISP modem is a Adtran 424RG (i have the log in) plus im still using my XR500 for gaming i did some research i think im Double Nat, does anyone knows how to fix or bypass it

thanks in advance

• Administrators

Copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and put that in the Adtran DMZ. On the XR go to WAN Settings and set NAT to Open. Also Vanguard showing moderate when it is actually open is something a lot of people are experiencing currently.

On 1/4/2022 at 6:45 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and put that in the Adtran DMZ. On the XR go to WAN Settings and set NAT to Open. Also Vanguard showing moderate when it is actually open is something a lot of people are experiencing currently.

Tried it and im still moderate nat on warzone :( any other suggestions will be appreciate it

As Fraser said, dmz the wan ip of the xr500. Then completely reset all internet devices in order and let them boot up before the next. Modem>xr500> turn on PS5 after internet is up. As for Vanguard, it has something wrong with the Nat type, I know for a fact my Nat type is open and it always displays moderate.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:20 AM, Hellegaard1 said:

As Fraser said, dmz the wan ip of the xr500. Then completely reset all internet devices in order and let them boot up before the next. Modem>xr500> turn on PS5 after internet is up. As for Vanguard, it has something wrong with the Nat type, I know for a fact my Nat type is open and it always displays moderate.

i tried that and it did not opened the nat on warzone, what worked so far was putting the xr500 on AP mode and port forward one the modem now it shows open nat on warzone and vanguard, but now i cant benefit from the dumaos services 

one quiestion the lan cable that comes from the modem to the xr it goes on the internet por or in a ethernet port?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, designerema said:

Nevermind guys it actually worked my issue was not reseting the devices, and not port forwarding CoD on the main modem, thanks a lot for the help!! and a great 2022 to you bless

Great to hear that, thanks for the update, have a great year!