Dual Network Setup

DocHodges

Hey guys got a pretty challenging question I am hoping to get some help with. My network goes as follows Cable modem>opnsense router> network switch> single ethernet cable to office room>4 port switch. At this point on connection of the switch is plugged directly into the PC with a gateway of 192.168.1.1. the other port on the switch plugs into the netduma R2. then out of the R2 it plugs into the second NIC port on my pc with a gateway of 192.168.77.1.  I have gone into windows and set priority for the netduma over the non which forces everything through the router. This would allow the geofiltering etc to work for gaming. Once I opened all the ports etc. to eliminate the double natting everything works fine. Except trying to access local devices such as my unraid server and local printer since they are on the 192.168.1.1 gateway. I am hoping to find a way to have both networks connected in a manner that would allow the use of geofiltering etc for gaming but still use the .1.1 address to connect to remote devices. Is this even possible? I'm fairly knowledgeable about networking but this one has me stumped. nothing I try seems to work. 

• Administrators

If you're forcing it to use the R2 network then probably what you'd need to do is just disable the network adapter for the R2 when you want to use the server/printer and re-enable it after you're done.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're forcing it to use the R2 network then probably what you'd need to do is just disable the network adapter for the R2 when you want to use the server/printer and re-enable it after you're done.

I’ve done some more playing around and found that I can https into the various devices using the .1.1 while having priority set to the .77.1. It seems to work ok but not my favorite method of doing it.