Geofilter not displaying xr1000

So I recently Bought an xr1000 and I'm starting to regret it already this whole process has been a nightmare... as of now my router has been "rebooting" for more than 30minutes... I followed some topic I found through Google regarding geo filter not showing because of the rapps not loading... changed the retries from 3 to 5 and router is still rebooting... can anyone help me out or anyone had this issue and was able to resolve it? Firmware is up to date and all I have connected to the router at the moment is my pc 

• Administrators

What do you mean it's still rebooting exactly - it's repeatedly rebooting or is hasn't come back up since you initiated a reboot?

How did you reboot it initially? I'd suggest you unplug the router from power for 10 minutes to start with, then plug in, wait 2 minutes and see if its still occurring.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean it's still rebooting exactly - it's repeatedly rebooting or is hasn't come back up since you initiated a reboot?

How did you reboot it initially? I'd suggest you unplug the router from power for 10 minutes to start with, then plug in, wait 2 minutes and see if its still occurring.

Hi happy new years...  so from some of the posts here that came up from a Google search it mentioned to reboot from the interface by pressing the three dot box on right hand corner. Once I did that it displays a message that the router is rebooting give it 4 to 5minutes... but it never got off that screen. I'll try unplugging now

OK so I got it to work... I did a factory reset did the initial setup with the router... while talking with the xfinity rep they put their xfi modem in bridge mode and that's what got it working I'm assuming thats the problem since thats the only thing I did that was different.