xr1000 network map

Hello,

Been having issues on my xr1000 router with my PC (connected via ethernet) showing as offline in the device manager network map when it is clearly online. Re-flashed the firmware and rebooted and it was fine. Today when I started my computer it is back to showing offline.   I am using the latest firmware, and I do have it using a reserved IP.

I have also experiencing lag/packet burst in a lot of the games im playing. This is confirmed via the connection benchmark and buffer bloat tests with higher latency spikes especially on the uploading side. I have qos bandwith set at 70/70 and added my pc for traffic prioritization.  I have also set up port forwards for the games i play (warzone/vanguard/fifa)

any help would be appreciated,

p.s Somewhat of a NOOB  

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do you keep your computer in a standby mode by any chance?

We're still improving the results on Connection Benchmark so you can take those results with a pinch of salt. How do you have Congestion Control set, Always/Auto-Enable? How is Traffic Prioritization set? How do you have the Geo-Filter setup?

thanks for the reply.

I turn my computer off at the end of the night.

congestion control i just changed to always, i was previously using auto (down/up both set to 70%)

I have added my PC to traffic prioritization (games console) and disabled DumaOS classified games as well as work at home

Added my Pc (manually) which is set to a games console in device manager to the geo. filtering off. strict mode and auto-ping host is on but fast search is off.

• Administrators

Set a reserved IP for the PC in LAN Settings, then reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if it stays online then.

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Filtering will need to be on if you want to use it to get lower ping servers.

already turned off. If i hard reboot the router it will appear online until i turn my computer off. the next time i start up my pc it will be back to appear offline. I have backed up all my router settings if I revert to factory via the back of the router or in the software and then use the back up config file will everything including my wifi network name/password and settings be back to what it is now?

also would you recommend going back to firmware 1.0.0.52 instead of 58?

thanks for the help

• Administrators

Just to double check, you said you reserved the IP already was that on the device itself or the router? 

If you reset and use the backup then most things, including your wifi name/password will be restored, it is not a good idea to do a restore on a firmware version where the back up wasn't made. You could try the older firmware if you would like to try but would suggest a clean setup. Is the device appearing offline causing you any issues specifically?

I have reserved IP on the router and in the ivp4 settings on my PC. 

As long as all the qos and prioritization settings are working then I dont mind its appearing offline. However things have felt a bit sluggish lately. Getting an error on the qos page often now saying "the operation is taking longer than expected..." Anyway, I will probably do a factory reset on the same firmware and just restore my settings and see if everything is working as intended.

Appreciate all your help with the matter.

Restoring settings from the file

did not work but it’s ok because I did everything manually. It looks like I might have the same issue with the pc appearing offline. 

is it possible to put 1024 to 65535  for both tcp/udp in the port forwards for my Pc instead of putting a bunch of separate entries for each game I play?

also is it advisable to add these ports in the traffic prioritization or just use basic games console or DumaOs games ?

thanks again 

• Administrators

Did you downgrade or just reset?

You could do that but it is not advised, you don't need to do port forwarding as you should have an Open NAT already, alternatively you could switch NAT to Open in WAN Settings.

In regards to Traffic Prioritization that is up to you and depends on what you feel works best but any of them will work.

just reset, did not downgrade.

Alright I will test them out.

side note:  Already having the same issue with regards to the PC appearing offline and on the QOS page getting this message often "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp."

• Administrators

If when the device appears offline you do a speed test does it go online for the duration of the test? What device type is the PC set to?

Don't worry about that message just wait a minute and then refresh the page and it should be fine.