port triggering apex legends for xbox one

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Here is an article on how to do so: https://kb.netgear.com/65/How-to-setup-Port-Triggering?article=65 you should look up the ports required for the game also so you can enter them.

You shouldn't need to do this though, you should have an Open NAT already.

Hey thanks for the response , I  understand how to do it, I'm a network engineer. not doing it for the nat either. getting those Icons which I never got before. and I am lagging before the netduma I used to run ddwrt or openwrt on a netgear and I was fine. Since any netduma puts gaming traffic first thru packet inspection and also Qos keeps the network traffic ques correct .Save me a lot of work writing scripts and all.

What is the triggering port for Xbox one and source port for triggering apex legends. For instance to open your nat for xbox one you don't need all those ports which is incoming 3544 to the port your xbox one uses. we have 4 console to get then both open nat you just change the alternate port mine runs 51090 , my brothers is 54088 it's teredo tunneling. a router would have all those standard ports handle already. So on the PC it used to be triggering port 3216 TCP and starting port 37005 to 37015. now I ran a netstat -ano on my pc with apex running and they changed the udp ports. So can you give me the source for triggering and start and ending. I thought yall be able to give it to me if it is in the traffic prioritizer on other routers I have an Xr300.     

• Administrators

If you're lagging but have an Open NAT then the ports are unlikely to help much with that. We don't have the specific ports to hand, we'd have to test it in much the same way you did. For consoles it we prioritize source 1-65535 destination 1024-65535. For lag it would be better to optimize your QoS settings, how do you have them set currently?

oh so the traffic prioritization opens the ports ? okay I had it 1-65535 on source and had the destination with xbox one . Yeah I have the QOS but which is the main thing gamers need and application or device Qos. the geo filter takes it to a level no  other "gaming router can" . I didn't post on here because alot of people on here don't understand that with apex Legends it's not their router . apex legends netcode is horrible professionally speaking. What I did was I port triggered tcp 3216 and since I did know the ports for xbox one I did 88-65534 and I haven't seen any Icons. So if I prioritize the console can I still have duma classified enabled because other people play games on my network. if so i'd be fine. Seems like those ports are opened by the traffic prioritization in duma os am I right? Didn't see it in upnp that's why I know apex legends don't upnp on any router