Warzone Packet loss and Speed Drops

domgucci

I have recently started to get terrible packet loss at night while gaming and have noticed that when I start to get the packet loss my connection benchmark download speed is well below advertised by ISP. I'm paying for 250mbps and when I start lagging my download benchmark will be ~25mbps. After a period of time all the devices connected to router will saying "Connected, no internet access" until I reboot. Once I reboot I am able to reconnect to the internet but the download speed still remains very low. It has made it impossible to game in the afternoons/nights. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Using a XR500 with v2.3.2.130

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Initially that sounds like peak time congestion from the ISP, if you connect directly to the modem when this happens and do a speed test are the results lowered? What is gaming then like direct to the modem?

Thanks for the reply, Fraser! I've gone directly to the modem and seemed to have similar issues specifically for Warzone. However, I did some troubleshooting with opening ports under Traffic Prioritization and it seemed to even out the packet distribution I was dealing with. I also noticed the lag occurred when my upload packets were double, sometimes triple the amount of download packets. I did a few manual set ups and got my download and upload to be closer in value. Seemed to end all the packet loss for the moment. Not sure if it was due to peak times or not it always seems to be fairly random at times. 

• Administrators

If you get the same issue direct to the modem, it does seem like ISP congestion but glad to hear you got a handle on it, keep an eye on it and maybe consider contacting the ISP if it continues - it may just be that because it's the holiday season everyone is at home and online

Well my luck seemed to have been short lasted and today seems to be even worse. I disable all of the manual ports I had set before and did not get any improvements at all. My download speed drops terribly and its not dropping when I am connecting directly to the modem. Any help? Went from 0% packet loss all day to 5-25% nonstop for the past couple hours. 

Screenshot (3).png

• Administrators

Where are you testing the speed drops exactly via Benchmark? If so don't do it that way as we're still improving upon the results reported there - what do you get via speedtest.net? 

Where are you measuring the packet loss via Benchmark as well?

When I run speedtest to speedtest.net my speeds are pretty much at advertisted. Its on the dumaos connection benchmark where I will see issues with download speeds, increased jitter, and sometimes packetloss. The issue im directly talking about as far as packet loss is what I am seeing in game on Warzone. My packet loss will consistently jump from 5-15% packet loss and has been happening since I got the XR500. I also downloaded pingplotter to test and getting 50% packet loss in hop 1. Ill attach that pic below. 

Screenshot (5).png

• Administrators

Okay so don't worry about the benchmark speeds, we're improving the whole reporting of results for benchmark.

Your interval is low, change it to the default 2.5 also can you show a screenshot of the overall graph, not the hops please as if you don't have packet loss on the whole round trip then the hop packet loss isn't something to worry about.