Losing Internet Connection

8 Wonders

Hi,

this is an issue on both LAN and WIFI, but finding for a large portion of the day im unable to connect to the internet via the netduma router and even when i do the connection feels very poor, i have ran a speedtest and everything seems fine, it would point towards the internet provider however when i connect to the Sky router directly the connection seems stable? this issue appeared out of nowhere ive had no issues like this at all!

i tried resetting the entire router and getting the latest update for duma os but no luck. any help would be appreciated

thanks

• Administrators

Doing a factory reset before the update won't have any benefit, we always recommend to do it after an update as this clears old low level code from the previous version that could cause issues so please do so from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and then see whether it is better.

image.thumb.png.297d2992022b012c93fb81bb9a9c2fc4.png

image.thumb.png.2bc4610d646fb6c3b367bccd745f505b.png

i have checked and all devices are connected to the R2,  i had a guests mobile which i have switched over now to the R2 but this issue has been occurring even before they arrived

i have set the wan ip to the dmz in sky router settings

image.png

image.png

• Administrators

How are the consoles connected, via ethernet or WiFi? QoS isn't really being used as you should lower Congestion Control to 70% for download and upload and it would be better. I'd also suggest resetting the bandwidth allocation distribution, gaming doesn't need much bandwidth. I'd recommend disabling the Sky WiFi as well so devices don't accidentally connect to it and reduce the effectiveness of QoS.

Both via ethernet

I hadn't got around to changing that since I reset but I believe I had it 90% and then 99% before but I'll try 70% instead 

What would you suggest for gaming bandwidth?

I'm sure I tried this before, don't think sky allow this but if you know how to can you guide me to do this? Thanks

• Administrators

In that case remove both from Traffic Prioritization, then re-add and select the Normal traffic type, not Gaming/Voice and select apply to WAN.

You can leave Bandwidth Allocation default. What is the ping you're seeing via the Geo-Filter and the in game ping?

I'll check the ping figures later and post 

Currently started work again which I do from home and I connect of course to netduma for internet connection, laptop has been so slow I've had to connect to the sky router which as mentioned before I saw an immediate difference in speed, I connect via WiFi for the laptop

Is there a chance the router itself has broken? I don't understand how this issue can come out of nowhere like this 

Thanks 

speeds on wifi seem fine but there just seems to be a lot of inconsistencies as mentioned above

playing halo infinite through my series x and im quite often not able to get into games and my party are stuck in the game a player down because of it , seems like the router is throwing me out because its a server outside the radius set but usually the router just locates games for me within the radius set? again seems to be so many issues im dealing with right now and im unsure where to start? should i just factory reset again? is there anything else i can do?

• Administrators

Are you the party leader when searching for a game with friends? If not then you need to be and that will be why you're getting kicked and they're not. You could perform a factory reset and setup from scratch and if you do I would highly recommend going through all the tours it prompts you with as there is a lot of useful information there. We also have quite a few guides on support.netduma.com - they're slightly outdated but will still be accurate

Always the party leader, I've factory reset and went through all the settings again, anything via ethernet seems stable now but still having issues with the WiFi end of the router, is there anyway to trouble shoot for this? I don't think reading over the tutorials again is going to resolve this issue 

• Administrators

Set the R2 antennae to look like this _ | | _ and ensure it's not on a metal surface and electrical/wireless devices are 3 feet away at least. Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names, apply, then reboot from the interface and wait 2 minutes before accessing. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and change to those. Also experiment with the widths to see what gives you the best performance.

In terms of Halo, it may not work the same as CoD then and will just allow the rest of the team in, if that's the case there is nothing you can really do about that

• 2 weeks later...

been busy so not had time to get on to reply

ive managed after a bit of messing around to fix the wifi issue but im still having issues with halo infinite, halo 5 I had no probems the netduma found the servers i wanted consistently but every 5 games or so when im party leader im being kicked from the game whilst the rest of my team go in, i look at the duma os and its attempted a US server,  must surely be a fix for that? 

thanks

this always comes up when i load up the game, noticing two servers showing as if they arent blocked, i understand there is usually a server you have to connect to first which cant be blocked but im sure that is the east side allowed server but the west side one is allowed? this is the one that i connect to sometimes and results in me being booted from the game

image.thumb.png.cbad8c645e3e8d9eee849ef520bbc930.png

just happened again there, connected to the west side server and my team went into the game without me, ive clearly marked the area im looking for 

Halo Infinite - 13.73.33.93

above is the address of the server i dont want to connect to

image.thumb.png.2ebd2a02c88a091f01cee7a8337981ca.png

• Administrators

It's a Microsoft server so quite possibly needed for authentication purposes but usually only one is required and the Ireland one is allowed also. I'll ask the team to test to see if we've whitelisted something unnecessarily.