Geo Filtering not working on PS5

Hi, I have a Netgear XR1000 from RCN that I'm trying to use for Geo Filtering on PS5. The issue I'm running into is the PS5 always connects to a
stun.us.demonware.net." server on the West Coast that seems to be allowed no matter where I set the filter, it's showing the allowed server sign, and because of that always puts me in a west coast server. Other servers are showing blocked successfully. 

I have it on strict mode with ping assist at 0. The PS5 is configured as playstation under the device list. The PS5 is hard wired into the router. The firmware is up to date - XR1000 1.0.54.10_5.0.11 - ISP custom firmware not the direct one. Could this be the issue? 

So far I've tried doing a hard reset on the router itself and I've tried removing the PS5 from the filter list, turning PS5 off and then adding it again. Hasn't worked. 

I'm not just trying to get good ping I'm also trying to connect to certain servers only in the world. For example right now for Warzone the new anti cheat is only rolled out for the Asia Pacific areas. So I want to connect to that area only and play with the non cheaters. I was under the impression that this router would be capable of that. 

Any ideas why this would be happening? thanks. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The server in question is very likely an authentication server required for online play and without it you wouldn't be able to play at all. It won't be the game server and won't impact your ping. If you can provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page showing what you're seeing when you get that server I can double check.

You can force different servers yes, if they're very far away it may take a very long time to get a game, you may not get one at all, it isn't guaranteed.

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The server in question is very likely an authentication server required for online play and without it you wouldn't be able to play at all. It won't be the game server and won't impact your ping. If you can provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page showing what you're seeing when you get that server I can double check.

You can force different servers yes, if they're very far away it may take a very long time to get a game, you may not get one at all, it isn't guaranteed.

Sure this is what comes up when I launch the game 

Screen_Shot_2021-12-14_at_10_43.51_AM.thumb.png.2adffeb6d98ce36140fc3bc577c75b98.png

and this is what the allowed server on the far left shows as:

1861969915_ScreenShot2021-12-14at10_44_31AM.thumb.png.6c5022bd64f133a0c9ed0a6e1d41f879.png

Every time I search for a game that west coast server pops up.

When I play it does seem like with voice chat that I'm encountering Americans only and not playing in the highlighted area. 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What you've shown there is absolutely normal. What does the Geo-Filter show when you're actually in a game playing?

Same thing, for example I limited to NY server only and it put me in a game with the West Coast server lighting up all the time

This is during the game:

Screen_Shot_2021-12-14_at_11_09.08_AM.thumb.png.2a8174baddff5135ff24c497437adc63.png

Are you sure it's just an authentication server when it lights up all the time during the game?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that'll definitely be it, it said stun which isn't a game server. Zoom out fully on the map when in a game, do you see anything else appear?

No that's it nothing else appears. Is there any way to block that west coast server to see if it messes with my connection or not? 

• Administrators

No that's not possible as it is whitelisted from our side, STUN is related to NAT and not something you would want to block.

Do this and then see if it works please:

1. Quit the game completely - so go back to console dashboard
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up game

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No that's not possible as it is whitelisted from our side, STUN is related to NAT and not something you would want to block.

Do this and then see if it works please:

1. Quit the game completely - so go back to console dashboard
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up game

Ok I'll take your word for it not being a server and I'll try those steps thanks