Matchmaking with Geofilter

ajack

Hello, Im having some strange issues when using Geofiltering on my Series X console when playing COD:vanguard. Testing NAT type with Geofilter enabled doesnt work correctly and I often get a "cant get toredo IP address" message. Also, If i am in a party with someone they cannot be the matchmaking host as we do not find games that way. Im assuming that has everything to do with me filtering..but then not being party/lobby host. When I disable (set geofilter to spectate) it works fine. Just making sure this is "normal" operation. It makes sense that I would probably have to host.. but I dont have enough experience with dumaOS, which is why im asking. I dont have any port forwarding set up, i am using a DMZ configuration.

• Administrators

Yes you would need to host as otherwise you'll be blocking servers your friends can connect to and either it will keep searching or you'll get kicked and they'll go into the game. 

Are you testing the NAT Type on the console itself? What is your ISP modem/router model and how have you set that up to get an Open NAT with the router?

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you would need to host as otherwise you'll be blocking servers your friends can connect to and either it will keep searching or you'll get kicked and they'll go into the game. 

Are you testing the NAT Type on the console itself? What is your ISP modem/router model and how have you set that up to get an Open NAT with the router?

Im testing  on the console itself, before launching the game. My ISP is spectrum. I am using a surfboard SB6121 modem and the netgear XR1000 router. I also dont have any "Denied/Blocked" servers at this time. the only ones in my geofilter list are set to "Allowed". and again, using DMZ instead of port forwarding. I think it will be fine, i just wanted to go over some of that with you guys. What i usually do to test the NAT type is diabled filtering, then test the console, then re-enable the filtering and launch the game. If you would like me to do ANY testing to help you improve DumaOS or if there is anything you want me to try, please let me know. I am proficient enough that I can even do captures with wireshark if needed. I have the configuration in place already to do so. And as always, thank you for the help and speedy replies. Best tech support ive ever dealt with, hands down.

Edit: Also I am using the most current firmware on the XR1000, 1.0.0.58_1.0.44

Edited by ajack
add information

• Administrators

Okay that should all be good, when you get this NAT/teredo issue does it prevent you being able to play? Does CoD show a NAT status? If you could try this that would be really helpful:

1. Resync the cloud on the Geo-Filter
  2. Do the NAT test with the Geo-Filter enabled, make sure you're zoomed out

Do you get a reading? If not look at the map, there should be a blocked icon somewhere, manually ping that (disable Auto Ping first) then copy the ID and post it here, then also add that server to your allow list. Then redo the test, is it Open now? If so you're all good! If not, you may need to repeat the process a few times to allow the different servers they're using. If you can provide us with all the IDs you find for this I can pass it onto the team and get them to add it to the whitelist. 

You're very welcome, thanks for your patience, understanding and kind words!

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that should all be good, when you get this NAT/teredo issue does it prevent you being able to play? Does CoD show a NAT status? If you could try this that would be really helpful:

1. Resync the cloud on the Geo-Filter
  2. Do the NAT test with the Geo-Filter enabled, make sure you're zoomed out

Do you get a reading? If not look at the map, there should be a blocked icon somewhere, manually ping that (disable Auto Ping first) then copy the ID and post it here, then also add that server to your allow list. Then redo the test, is it Open now? If so you're all good! If not, you may need to repeat the process a few times to allow the different servers they're using. If you can provide us with all the IDs you find for this I can pass it onto the team and get them to add it to the whitelist. 

You're very welcome, thanks for your patience, understanding and kind words!

I did some testing and this time i am unable to find anything wrong at this time. i did delete ALL entries in my geofilter and then resync.not sure if that helped or not.