WiFi issues on XR1000

Hello,

At least once per day I completely lose wifi on all my devices.  Ethernet is still fine, when I log into router and go to device manager I see everything as offline.  I don't notice anything else that looks weird.  A simple reboot fixes it, but for the past 2 weeks I've had to reboot it at least once per day.  Occasionally twice...  XR1000 on the current fw 1.0.0.58

I immediately grabbed the log after losing wifi, right before rebooting if that's of any help...  

Any suggestions?  Or any way to schedule reboot times?

log-1637909226611.txt

• Administrators

No way to schedule a reboot although it has been suggested before so may be implemented in the future. Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi by any chance? If so disable that, then connect manually to 2.4/5GHz and see if that helps.

I am not using smart connect.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No way to schedule a reboot although it has been suggested before so may be implemented in the future. Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi by any chance? If so disable that, then connect manually to 2.4/5GHz and see if that helps.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The log isn't very long, around what time did it happen during the log ~01:45?

I logged in within 2min of the wifi going down,  so somewhere within this part.

[Admin login] from source 192.168.1.4, Friday, Nov 26,2021 01:46:43
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.2)] to MAC address 80:7D:3A:77:5C:EA, Friday, Nov 26,2021 01:46:36
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.7)] to MAC address 68:C6:3A:91:93:D4, Friday, Nov 26,2021 01:46:35
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.3)] to MAC address AC:F1:08:58:1B:30, Friday, Nov 26,2021 01:46:35
[DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 172.217.165.22,port 443 Friday, Nov 26,2021 01:42:22

• Administrators

Not too much there to go off but they were assigned IP addresses. In LAN Settings change the DHCP range to start at .50 then give reserved IPs to the wireless devices starting at .2, once done reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then connect and see whether they stay online for longer.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Not too much there to go off but they were assigned IP addresses. In LAN Settings change the DHCP range to start at .50 then give reserved IPs to the wireless devices starting at .2, once done reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then connect and see whether they stay online for longer.

Tried this, did not work. Roughly 14hrs after doing this and rebooting, all wifi devices lost connection.  A reboot has them all join again right away.  This is obviously very frustrating...  

• Administrators

Of course, I do understand, we'll do our best to get it sorted for you, it may require a firmware update to fix. Are you using Armor by any chance? If so disable that, do a reboot, in the same way as above and see if it is more stable please. 

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Of course, I do understand, we'll do our best to get it sorted for you, it may require a firmware update to fix. Are you using Armor by any chance? If so disable that, do a reboot, in the same way as above and see if it is more stable please. 

Nope, not using that.  I had other issues with and posted over in the COD forum and you helped me there.  One of those fixes was to disable that and up my raps attempt to 5.

• Administrators

Reinstall the firmware using the TFTP method https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?article=000059634 it upgrades the router by bypassing the boot process and any issues there, then a factory reset after it has completed for the freshest installation possible and see if it's any more stable after that.