R1 limiting speed to 10/10mbps over Ethernet

RobBob

Hi. I’ve just got an R1 mainly use the geo filter for call of duty on my ps5. This is working fine and my ps5 is getting full speed. I also have a pc which is only connecting at 10/10 mbps. I have tried swapping the Ethernet cable to a different port on the R1 but it was the same. Before the R1 my pc was connected to my router via a switch and was getting my full broadband speed of 75Mbps.  I can’t easily try another cable as it’s 20m long but I have ordered a new one to see if it’s the cable. Is there any reason why the R1 might be limiting it to 10/10?

Thanks

Rob

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In most instances it is normally the cable that's the issue. I would check your PC ethernet adapter settings to make sure they're set to use the correct speed:

adapter.png
(Start menu > Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options on Status page > Right click ethernet > Properties > Configure)

What R1 firmware version are you on currently?

Yeah I’m thinking it’s the cable to be honest but just thought I’d see if it was a known thing while I wait for a new one to arrive. I’m on the latest firmware I think as I’ve just updated it to DumaOS.