R2 keeps power cycling.

Mansour

Hello,

I have the R2 and I had it since September 2020. This week the device is acting crazy. It randomly reboots itself and keeps doing so until I have to factory reset it multiple times.

All LAN ports lights flash at the same time then the device reboot and it keeps doing that indefinitely.

Factory reset helps but it's not a solution. The issue comes back.

My settings are:

- Wireless 5/2.4 off.

- QOS 90% D 70% U.

- DHCP on.

Regards,

Mansour.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, if you had it connected to an extender connect it directly to a wall outlet instead, if it continues do you have another power adapter with similar voltage that you can try?

Hello Fraser,

I have followed your instructions and the issue still persists. I have recorded a video to show you what's going with the router. Now even after doing a factory reset, the router doesn't lease ip addresses. I couldn't access the router's webpage even after switching to static ip " 192.168.77.10" .

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this with another power adapter? How long did you hold the reset button for? What settings did you use for the static IP - subnet, gateway, DNS?

I have tried 2 adapters, tried all the reset timings 5-30 seconds. IP address: 192.168.77.10/24 GW: 192.168.77.1 DNS: not needed as I'm trying to login into the router's webpage. The router now doesn't even accept my factory reset request anymore. It just keeps restarting.

• Administrators

Trying to factory reset it rapidly over and over won't help, anything less than 30 seconds will cause it to reboot. Unplug from power for 10 minutes as you previously did, plug it in, wait 2 minutes - regardless of what it appears to be doing, then hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds, wait 2 minutes regardless of what it appears to be doing - try accessing without the static IP and with. Also unplug it from the modem as well.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Trying to factory reset it rapidly over and over won't help, anything less than 30 seconds will cause it to reboot. Unplug from power for 10 minutes as you previously did, plug it in, wait 2 minutes - regardless of what it appears to be doing, then hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds, wait 2 minutes regardless of what it appears to be doing - try accessing without the static IP and with. Also unplug it from the modem as well.

Hello Fraser,

I have followed your instructions exactly. The router stopped restarting but it won't give me an IP. I let it for 5 minutes and still won't assign an IP. I have also noticed the wireless network is still off even after doing a factory reset.