XR450 D speed test results

I recently upgraded my Internet plan to recieve 1000 mbps up and down however every time I test my XR450 on the DumaOS connection Test it is way off. The speed test grade is a D and usaully wont go over 500 mbps for upload and 400 mbps for download. I decided to do a bunch of speed tests with my ethernet directly connected to the gateway ( Pacer 5268AC ) and with it connected to the XR450. Here is my setup currently

ISP Gateway ( Pacer 5268AC )  ------------>    Nighthawk XR450  ( V2.3.2.120) 

All cables are either cat 6 or Cat 7 the one used for the test is a amazon basics 50ft cat 7 cable.

If I test the speeds using the netgear app I will get 940 for both upload and download which is strange considering its on my phones wifi.

Also I took a look at my devices list the other day and noticed a device named ATTGTEKKS9 listed as a computer, I did confirm that it was not one of my devices so I blocked it. While blocking it I had my phone out to look for the avaliable wifi connections and noticed one of them disappeared. Is it possible that this could be a wifi connection from the gateway by anychance it is connected to 2.4ghz.

Is there any tests that I could download to get a better insight on whats going on?

XR450 DUMA Speed Tests ( Connected to xr450 )

Test 1 : 428/1.0Gbps Download -   430/1.0 gbps Upload

Test 2 : 519/1.0Gbps Download -   683/1.0 gbps Upload

Test 3 : 366/1.0Gbps Download -   390/1.0 gbps Upload

Test 4 : 339/1.0Gbps Download -   468/1.0 gbps Upload

Test 5 : 530/1.0Gbps Download -   680/1.0 gbps Upload

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my tests while connected to the gateway

Google searchbar regular test

Mbps download

Mbps upload

----------------------------------

ATT.com Test

Mbps download

Mbps upload

-------------------------------------------

Speedtest.net

Mbps download

Mbps upload

-----------------------------------------------

https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/

Download    921.77 Mb/s

Upload    813.01 Mb/s

Latency    5 ms

Retransmission    1.80%

--------------------------------------------

Now here my speed tests connected straight to the XR450 

Google searchbar regular test

Download

Upload

--------------------------------

ATT.com Test

Mbps download

Mbps upload

--------------------------------

Speedtest.net

Mbps download

Mbps upload

------------------------------------

https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/

Download 
618.66 Mb/s

Upload    227.04 Mb/s

Latency    32 ms

Retransmission    0.58%

------------------------

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're still improving the results obtained via Benchmark as such you can take them with a pinch of salt as you're getting your expected speeds as shown by other sites

Oh that makes sense I thought it could have been a setting within the routers firmware causing it. I also have another issue where my router restarts randomly im not sure why but the xr450 just stops and reboots

• Administrators

That could indicate some sort of power issue - is it connected to an extender or an outlet? If an extender try an outlet and see whether that improves it. If not, do you have another power adapter with a similar voltage you can use to see if the adapter itself is the cause?

On 10/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That could indicate some sort of power issue - is it connected to an extender or an outlet? If an extender try an outlet and see whether that improves it. If not, do you have another power adapter with a similar voltage you can use to see if the adapter itself is the cause?

I do not have another adapter unfortunatley however I have noticed a few things about when the router decides to randomly reboot.

-  The reboots have happened consistantley everyday and the first reboot occurs usally in the morning and then usally 2-4 times randomly throughout the day.

-  I dont think the amount of users using the wifi at the time effects it because ive seen it happen with only me using ethernet and sometimes with other people online. 

- The router networks go down in this order ( 5ghz -> 2.4ghz -> and then ethernet). The router will still provide internet to ethernet while 5ghz is down but its very laggy.

- The modem dosent lose any of its connections when this happens all the lights on there stay on.

Also now that I remember the router had a very similar issue a few months back ( reboots in the early morning ) but I dont recall any more reboots happening for the rest of the day like this issue. I dont remember much about it or how I fixed it back then but the only things that have changed with my internet since then is 

- I reset the firmware on the nighthawk because old device users or duplicates were on there. 

- Upgraded internet plan to 1000 up and down

- New good brand Ethernet cables ( Cat 6+) 

- modem was barley moved across the room to make it more centered in the middle of the house.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the modem have any logs you can access to see if it holds any info about the disconnect? How is the modem setup exactly?

Yes I pulled a log from the router and modem when the internet cut off a few mins ago, this is my first time looking at the modems logs and it seems like its at fault here. I have the connection setup via DMZ+ Mode with the wifi interface completley disabled and just the router connected. Ive heard of ways to connect bridge mode to my ISP's modem but my ISP is running custom firmware that disables that option. 

TROUBLESHOOTING.txt

• Administrators

Thanks for the log, there is an entry from the modem logs there that after researching could be the issue, if it is then it might be quite hard to fix - here is what I found if you need it: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31849397-Short-connection-resets-loss-of-internet-connection-for-the-last-24-hours meanwhile on the modem make sure you set the IP you've used for the DMZ as static/reserved and that may help