Halo 5 - Players in Party Not Able to Play Together - Constant BOOTING

I have 3 friends with me playing halo 5 all hard wired into my xr1000 router. all of us are added into the geo filter. when we search for games it will accept 1 and boot 1 if two people are playing and if all 4 of us are playing it will allow 3 and boot 1 

this is extremely frustrating and I have no clue why it's happening - please help ! 

13 hours ago, juicehound said:

I have 3 friends with me playing halo 5 all hard wired into my xr1000 router. all of us are added into the geo filter. when we search for games it will accept 1 and boot 1 if two people are playing and if all 4 of us are playing it will allow 3 and boot 1 

this is extremely frustrating and I have no clue why it's happening - please help ! 

Thanks for posting this!

If you have only one of you added to Geo-filter, then make sure that person is always the host, does it then work as expected? Realistically there's no reason to have all of you added as only one person is doing the actual matchmaking.

Hi Liam - in the past I have tried that but if we didn't have all of us added in to the geo filter it would allow the person that was not added into the game and those that were added were kicked if the server was too laggy etc. 

In this scenario, no matter who was the party leader we encountered the problem. 

I found someone else who had this issue and they said the fix was to individually go into a social game and finish it and then party up - we tried that and it worked...so strange. 

It seems to be an issue with Halo 5 rather than with the Duma software.

You can close this as it's resolved. Thank you ! 

18 hours ago, juicehound said:

Hi Liam - in the past I have tried that but if we didn't have all of us added in to the geo filter it would allow the person that was not added into the game and those that were added were kicked if the server was too laggy etc. 

In this scenario, no matter who was the party leader we encountered the problem. 

I found someone else who had this issue and they said the fix was to individually go into a social game and finish it and then party up - we tried that and it worked...so strange. 

It seems to be an issue with Halo 5 rather than with the Duma software.

You can close this as it's resolved. Thank you ! 

That is strange! Thanks for letting me know and give us a shout if you run into any other problems.

I'll go ahead and lock this topic, feel free to create a new one anytime if you have any other questions or issues!