XR1000 - Cannot Modify Geo-Filter Range

Just received my XR1000 today and it's not a great first impression if I'm honest. Setting up via the Nighthawk app didn't really work, so I just did it the usual way. Then the Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap didn't load, so I had to install the same firmware version but via tftp? That worked and now it is loading, but every time I try to modify the range I get the following error:

Error: RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -m 267 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc2' failed with 1

Any ideas?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'd always recommend setting up via a PC through the web UI. What firmware version did you install? What web browser/device are you using to access the interface and change the Geo distance? It's not an error I've seen before. Can you provide a full screenshot on the Geo-Filter page please as it is currently? Include the web browser in it so don't crop anything out.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'd always recommend setting up via a PC through the web UI. What firmware version did you install? What web browser/device are you using to access the interface and change the Geo distance? It's not an error I've seen before. Can you provide a full screenshot on the Geo-Filter page please as it is currently? Include the web browser in it so don't crop anything out.

Hi mate. Yeah that was the plan, but there's a massive piece of paper in the box telling me to use the app so I'm like "if you say so".

I've restarted the router a few times since my original post and the error has gone. If needed for future reference, the info you asked for is below.

Firmware Version: 1.0.0.58_1.0.44

Browser: Firefox (also tried Edge)