Can’t get my new R2 setup?

UnRyvalD

I have a netgear cable modem. I am not sure the model number but it is gigabit capable and it’s not a router combo. I bought it about a year. My router now is a nighthawk ac1750 maybe. I bought an r2. I spent 2 hours last night trying to get things up and running. I know changing network components can be tricky with resets and all but I have never had this much trouble. I have Comcast internet.

I can spend an hour power cycling things on my R2 and not get any internet connections to the lan ports. I can then hook all the same connections up to my netgear router then power cycle one time and everything comes back. I can connect my pc via WiFi. Even then it want let me into duma setup. I can get into duma setup on my iPhone but it doesn’t really help me if I am getting no internet. 

Welcome to the forum!

So when connected to the R2 via ethernet, are you able to get to the interface via 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

You may see that it does not detect an internet connection, when you see this just click "WAN setup" and then hit "Skip". You will then be able to complete setup. Once you're in the interface after setup, please reboot the R2 and it should then detect internet.