What ping can I expect?

thiesn

Hi there,

just bought a Netduma R2 and I am hoping to improve my ping even further. at this point my ingame ping is about 30-35 in Warzone. My ISP got a ping of 12 to my router. What ping can I expect if my router is here? Can I get below a ping of 20?

Kind regards

Thies

Welcome to the forum!

If your nearest Warzone server is at 30-35, you can't really reduce that. Check Ping Heatmap to see if there are any other Warzone servers lower than that for you, then try to force those.

That being said, 30-35 is a great ping for Warzone, many users report feeling some heavy Lag compensation on anything below 30.

Hi Liam,

thanks for your fast response. Then the Duma-Router seems pointless for me then. Or is there any use-case for it then? I always thought a lower ping is better?

Kind regards

Thies

The only way to reduce the base ping to a server is to reduce the physical distance between you and the server. Ping isn't the only important factor when it comes to online gaming, there's lots of other things that can ruin a game for you.

For example,  when you keep getting put on servers that are either high ping or just under too much load and lagging, this is where Geo-filter helps you ensure you're only playing on great servers.

Similarly, if other traffic on your home network is causing your game to lag, QoS can ensure that your game is always treated as top priority.

This with all the other features of DumaOS can benefit you massively.

My hope was to get rid of annoying deaths, when I am already around a corner. But as I understand, this is not possible, because of the differences between the players pings? I would say other than that, I got no problems regarding lags etc. 

4 minutes ago, thiesn said:

My hope was to get rid of annoying deaths, when I am already around a corner. But as I understand, this is not possible, because of the differences between the players pings? I would say other than that, I got no problems regarding lags etc. 

That could be a few things to be fair, I'd suggest you try forcing a few different servers in Geo-filter to work out which ones you experience this issue on, then block them.

I'd also suggest configuring QoS as this could also me symptomatic of some local congestion.

Thanks mate, I will try as soon as I get the router. Should be here pretty soon, since its DHL Express. 

Is local congestion even possible on a 100 mbit down / 50 mbit up signal? Its only my girlfriend and me using this internetconnection. 

4 minutes ago, thiesn said:

Thanks mate, I will try as soon as I get the router. Should be here pretty soon, since its DHL Express. 

Is local congestion even possible on a 100 mbit down / 50 mbit up signal? Its only my girlfriend and me using this internetconnection. 

Nice, no worries!

Yeah it certainly is if there's some pretty bandwidth hungry traffic. For example, if you're gaming while another device is streaming high quality video, you'll probably notice a few drops/lag in game.