Bandwidth allocation

Hi so I've been trying to limit my bandwidth on using the allocation section. Now I've tried all differant settings and the download seems to limit as intended but upload is always max no matter how I try I've reset th pie distribution for upload then download even limited the congestion control down to 1% and always the download is limited as intended amd the upload is still max. Any ideas why this is? I've been using ookla speed test for testing 

• Administrators

To allocate bandwidth and ensure it doesn't go over the amount you have set you need to disable Share Excess in the Bandwidth Allocation :menu menu but I wouldn't recommend doing this in most cases

Hi yeah I have them both set off aswell with both upload and download restricted in th bandwidth pie chart down to 1 for both of them then go to test with the speed test,  the download is restricted yet upload pulls to max though I've noticed the test starts off with the upload slow then just bursts up to max speed after a few seconds really strange

Bt pppoe congestion control at 1% on download and upload only the download is limited upload runs at max speeds tho if I set at at 100% for each its runs Instantly at max speeds then when I limit it the upload starts like its limited then bursts through to max speeds after a few seconds i take it this must be a bug or something in the software?

Yeah I still have the smart hub 2, ryt nw I just have the xr1000 wired straight to the bt ont as I have fttp. Is quite straight forward to run the xr1000 through the bt smart hub?

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Gkear said:

Yeah I still have the smart hub 2, ryt nw I just have the xr1000 wired straight to the bt ont as I have fttp. Is quite straight forward to run the xr1000 through the bt smart hub?

Yes pretty straight forward, make sure the BT Hub has the PPPoE details entered, then remove them from the XR. Go to the XR System Information page, copy the WAN IP shown there then access the hub and put that into the DMZ and you should be good to go

• 2 weeks later...

Hi so j

On 7/31/2021 at 2:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes pretty straight forward, make sure the BT Hub has the PPPoE details entered, then remove them from the XR. Go to the XR System Information page, copy the WAN IP shown there then access the hub and put that into the DMZ and you should be good to go

Hi I'm just trying to do this just now I think I've done as u sayed but I can't get a connection through the xr1000 i copied th wanip accessed the bt hub entered into dmz then go to the duma system information page and it doesn't let me remove the ppoe settings says this can't be left blank?

Hi thanks yeah I eventually figured that out lol I seem to be up and running is ther any other settings I should be changing since I'm now running xr1000 through the smart hub?