Xr1000 random wifi 2.4 dropouts

Hi guys, 

Having issues with the xr1000 dropping wifi on the 2.4 band randomly throughout the day. I thought maybe the router was defective so I purchased another one from Amazon and i'm having the same issue. Wired and 5ghz are fine, 2.4 says no internet connection. This issue is driving the family crazy as our previous xr700 had no issues. 

Any advise/suggestions?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue - I assume you've disabled Smart Connect? Are all devices connected to 2.4GHz having the same issue? What are the devices specifically connected to it?

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue - I assume you've disabled Smart Connect? Are all devices connected to 2.4GHz having the same issue? What are the devices specifically connected to it?

Hi Fraser, 

Yeah smart connect disabled as it's not compatible with Apple products. The entire band drops out. We use the 2.4 band for entertainment. Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV/tablets etc. The only way I can describe it is it's like the band is on standby mode. Devices can connect to the router successfully but there's no internet connection. Restarting the router fixes the issue for a while but It's annoying having to do this.

• Administrators

How many times a day would you say it happens roughly? Does there seem to be any pattern to the disconnections e.g. time of day, number of devices being used at the same time etc? 

Do you have any wireless or electrical devices within close proximity (~3 feet) of the router? These could interrupt the 2.4 signal and cause a disconnection

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How many times a day would you say it happens roughly? Does there seem to be any pattern to the disconnections e.g. time of day, number of devices being used at the same time etc? 

Do you have any wireless or electrical devices within close proximity (~3 feet) of the router? These could interrupt the 2.4 signal and cause a disconnection

If doesn't start to happen until the router has been on constantly for a while, ill try get more info next time it happens and record uptime etc