NetDuma R2 Faulty/Defective

Duce209

Hello, 

I recently purchased the Netduma R2 and believe my router is defective/faulty. I had several issues with the DumaOS software and connecting to the internet. I had a friend of mine, who is familiar with the software, work with it and he indicated that it was slow and faulty. Once I went through the setup process, only a few of the Rapp's would open. The Geo-Filter never loaded up fully (see photo attached); also would say "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." After several attempts, it finally loaded and I made some custom settings with my friend, but none of them saved once I re-opened DumaOS. I had no internet connection because it made me go through the startup process all over again. Ever since installing the router, I seem to have issues with internet connections, even though it is directly connected to my PC via ethernet cord. 

Netduma R2.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you been unplugging the router from power a lot since you received it? That would be why you're receiving some of these issues. Reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes before you access it, then it should load correctly. Make your settings changes and then the next time you want to reboot it do it from the interface

Hello, 

I have only unplugged it during the initial set up. I have rebooted it through the interface (as that is what my friend told me i should do) . Some Rapps are now loading in after the reboot. However, now I have “No Internet.” Additionally, now it’s pinging in the UK for some reason and not US (West coast). These are the types of issues I’ve had. 

43E06F9E-A637-45CA-A627-9A347FAD7CA8.jpeg

E8A2814B-FF30-4070-9F5B-49CD6822149B.jpeg

D6EDAFF4-262D-4FBE-B40C-B8C235E4A28E.jpeg

• Administrators

As in you unplugged it during the setup wizard? What is the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Did you follow the Geo-Filter tour? - That goes through how you change your location on the map (click the icon above the polygon mode toggle then click on the map)

No. I connected the R2 to my spectrum (ISP) modem. I did not even open DumaOS at that point. I did not have an internet connection so I unplugged the power on the R2 and my Spectrum (ISP) modem to make sure everything was connected properly (which it was) and then powered both back up. Then I went through the startup process on DumaOS. At first, it could not find an internet connect. So I turned it all off and went to bed. When I tried again this morning, I had an internet connection and set everything up in DumaOS. This is where the issues started with Rapps not loading all the way so I had my Buddy work on it since he is familiar with the software. He rebooted through the interface and was able to get it working. Then I turned off my computer after playing video games for a bit. When I turned my computer back on, I had no internet and had to  go through the startup all over again and all the settings my Buddy had done were gone. And as I mentioned in my previous post, I currently don’t have internet On my PC or Wifi. ISP modem is from Spectrum (Technicolor Model DPC3216), which is connected to the R2

20542864-52D8-4213-A2DE-F70A72AF7C4A.jpeg

Edited by Duce209
Forgot ISP modem connected to R2.

• Administrators

Thanks for the detailed information. Is it possible the R2 lost power between turning the PC off and then on? If you go to the System Information page on the R2 does it show an IP address at all or is it 0.0.0.0?

I don’t think it lost power during the process. Both the R2 and modem have had power throughout this process. I do not see an IP address. But I also don’t see 0.0.0.0 either. I attached a photo for you of the System Information Would it be easier to hop in a discord call on my phone so I can show you everything I’m seeing? I can show you my screen through my camera on my phone maybe? My discord user is Duce209#8446 

image.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks for that, on the Network Settings page, go to WAN > DHCP then just click apply at the bottom of the page, after that you should have a connection. It just needs to re-establish that connection and it will be fine, there isn't anything specifically preventing it, a reboot should even do it again, sometimes the order matters so connecting modem to router, rebooting the modem, waiting 2 minutes or however long it takes to boot, then rebooting the router. We don't do live support like that unfortunately and we're also based in the UK so will be back in 12 hours - reboots should fix it even if it takes a few tries - now you've rebooted from the interface after changing settings they will be preserved it you choose to unplug to reboot.

I am still having issues with my Netduma R2. Mainly connectivity issues. Several of the wifi devices disconnect throughout the day or can’t connect at all. For example, my sisters iPhone was having issues staying connected to the wifi. The RoKu connected to my TV cant connect to the wifi anymore. I scan for networks and it won’t show up. And today, when I turned on my computer, my geo filter wasn’t one of the device options. It was still filtering my games, but I couldn’t turn filtering on or off. I rebooted my modem and router and it seems to be working now, but it’s a real inconvenience to have to reboot the duma (through the DumaOS) every couple of days. What could be wrong with the device? This device has caused me a lot of issues since buying it and I’m wondering if it’s defective. 

also, why are some of these devices “Offline”? 

image.jpg

• Administrators

What do you mean the Geo-Filter wasn't an option exactly? If it happens again disable Mirror mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names then apply, reboot from the interface and wait 2 minutes then connect to each manually and see if it is more stable - some devices don't do well with switching between them without being manually switched. If they're not online using the internet at the time they'll appear offline

What I mean by the Geo-filter not being an option is that my PC wasn’t showing and it was just showing “Add Device.” But when I clicked on it, nothing would happen. It wouldn’t even show devices. 

im not sure what you mean by manually switching them? Is there a way I can not have them switch so they stay connected and I don’t have the issues of losing connection to the wifi on my devices (iPhones, TVs, tablets, etc.)? 

• Administrators

What web browser were you using when trying to do this? Were you doing it while it was pinned on the dashboard or on the actual page?

If you split the WiFi by disabling Mirror mode connect devices to 2.4GHz or the 5GHz network and see if it is more stable

We are back to the same problems I had yesterday where I’m going to have to reboot the R2. I go to Geo-filter and my PC is not there anymore. I click “Add Device” and nothing happens. And my Rapp’s aren’t loading. Do I need to reboot the R2 every single day? I don’t think it should be like that. And even now that I’ve completed the reboot process (waited 2 min) some Rapps still aren’t loading. Is there any way we could do a video call or set up screen mirroring so you can see what I’m looking at. 

1071B10D-0037-4BD4-9534-6D4DC26F6B78.jpeg

87633039-867A-4E83-A386-C0AD545613AA.jpeg

• Administrators

Can you see whether Microsoft Edge browser gives you a better experience on the interface please? How are you doing the reboot exactly? What settings do you change immediately after a factory reset/reboot? We don't conduct that type of support unfortunately

I’ve tried it with both Edge and chrome and have the same issues. I am rebooting through the web browser (Click on 3 dots on upper right-hand corner and clicking reboot). Then I wait the 2 minutes and usually don’t have internet on my PC. I have not changed any settings. 

How do I return the R2 for a refund then? The website says I need to go through the forums to get an RMA? That’s the whole reason I posted. What can I do to return this either for a refund or a new Router (R2)?