[XR500] WiFi does not work.

Hello, today I come to you guys about an issue I have been having with my nighthawk XR500. Had it for about 2 years and the thing has been absolutely wonderful until about a month ago. I was having internet issues and thought it was the router (which it was not) and I ended up doing a factory reset on it. Following the reset since I mainly use Ethernet for my internet connection I thought everything was fine (have no problems when I am using an Ethernet cable) until I decided that I was going to try and pull up a YouTube video on my phone and was not able to connect to my wifi signal that my router was putting out. Every device can see the signal to try and connect but when you try and connect with any device via WiFi it just says “no internet connection” even tho Ethernet works fine. I’ve tried installing a different router firmware but nothing seems to fix the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also wanted to add that when I did that factory reset I could no longer get into my nighthawk using routerlogin I had to go and type out my routers internal IP to get into the DUMA OS.

Edited by symbolizms
extra details

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

When you did the setup wizard after the reset did you change the WiFi details from what they originally were? Either way, on a device forget the WiFi network then reconnect by typing in the password again, does that allow a connection?

I did not change any wifi details from what they were already originally. Making devices forget the network allows them to attempt to connect but are shortly notified that there is "no internet connection"

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

When you did the setup wizard after the reset did you change the WiFi details from what they originally were? Either way, on a device forget the WiFi network then reconnect by typing in the password again, does that allow a connection?

also i just tried to run through the setup wizard and i end up getting a 400 bad request error after it did a firmware check 

• Administrators

Did you press the button or hold it? It's recommended to hold the button for 30 seconds, release, then wait 2 minutes before accessing the router.

Go to Settings > Advanced > Advanced WiFi settings, disable both 2.4/5GHz radios, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access, enable both, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if you can connect successfully.