Geofencing multiple servers

manlikeD

Hi all, I am a new R2 Customer based in UK and I had a questions about geo fencing

Lets say for example I geofence multiple servers for warzone: Italy, Spain, Miami, Dallas, Saudi Arabia, South Africa

So I have multiple servers geofenced at the same time. When I search for a match, are the lower ping servers going to be given more priority ie. they will be searched first? Perhaps with those settings I may never end up in a Saudi or S Africa server as the netduma will be putting me in Italy/Spain each time, and therefore if I want to an equal chance of some of these further away servers, it would make sense to NOT geo fence them in the above way, and instead just geo fence Saudi by itself and search.

I am just wondering how it works. Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

So in this instance the Geo-Filter won't necessarily prioritize ones closer, you'll have an equal chance of getting them - that being said it is harder to force games further away so you'll have long search times (the game likely won't want to put you in those servers) and your ping will be higher so it won't be a great experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So I have managed to get everything working.

Have geofenced Italy, Spain, Middle East, and few states in USA. 

It works as intended for Rebirth (a game mode in Warzone) - most often puts me in Spain, sometimes Italy. it seems to search first for the low ping region, then moves to Middle East and USA.

However, it does not work for regular Warzone "Battle Royal" or "plunder"

Do you have any idea why this is the case? It simply wont put me in a game. I can back out the search, choose Rebirth and it works as intended.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, manlikeD said:

Hi,

So I have managed to get everything working.

Have geofenced Italy, Spain, Middle East, and few states in USA. 

It works as intended for Rebirth (a game mode in Warzone) - most often puts me in Spain, sometimes Italy. it seems to search first for the low ping region, then moves to Middle East and USA.

However, it does not work for regular Warzone "Battle Royal" or "plunder"

Do you have any idea why this is the case? It simply wont put me in a game. I can back out the search, choose Rebirth and it works as intended.

Do you see anything blocked while searching? They will likely use different servers across game modes depending on popularity and the Italy/Spain servers don't always appear to be available

I dont see anything blocked.

I just geo fenced a large area of Europe (basically covering everything in europe apart from the scandinavian server) . I was able to get a Battle Royal Warzone game and I checked and it was in Spain server.

However when I just geofence Spain server alone, it does not put me in a Warzone game (it does put me in a plunder game however)

Perhaps, specifically for Warzone there is an authentication server somewhere in Europe that I need to manually geofence as well?

• Administrators

The authentication servers are usually restricted to getting you in the game lobby, they don't usually play a part in getting you a game. Were there more than one icon appearing throughout the game at that time?

Possibly. Perhaps I was not actually in the spanish server when i was able to just get into a regular Battle Royal game

Geofenced miami and georgia and managed regular BR game, so perhaps the Spain server is not being used for BR and only used for Rebirth

In general the geofilter seems to work waaay better with Rebirth, Im not sure if thats because it has a higher player count than BR at the moment, but I will keep testing things