Using NetDuma R2 behind a Linksys WRT1200AC

I would like to be able to use the Netduma R2 router I recently received behind another router.

I have my gaming computer plugged into the R2, then the R2 is plugged in my Linksys, then my linksys is plugged into the modem.

Linksys is on 192.168.1.1

R2 is on 192.168.77.1

I can access the R2 from gaming computer via its IP, but I cannot access the linksys ip from it, and vice versa.  So I can get into both control panels by using different computers.

My question is how do I program the two of them so the netduma still acts a router for gaming while running it behind the linksys.

I've done this kinda thing with and old router before to use it just as a switch, but it would be nice if I can get the router working as an actual router that just gets its connection from the linksys instead of directly from the modem.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You should be able to do that already with the setup you have. Have you put the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page into the Linksys DMZ? If not do that and try again. Also it would be best to have the R2 connected directly to the modem with the Linksys behind the R2

Thanks for the reply!

At first the R2 was not appearing in the linksys device manager, and I noticed the R2 WAN IP was my external ip address.  I had hooked the R2 up as my main router at first but couldn't get port forwarding to work how it does on my linksys, tunneling a port coming in from the external ip to a specific devices port on the lan.

So I had not rebooted the router since switching them back.  With the R2 plugged into the linksys, I rebooted the R2, and it now shows up in the linksys device manager, and internet is now working on the r2, and r2 sees my gaming pc connected.

I didn't do anything with DMZ on the linksys side of things.  So all the settings are just stock, the R2 is treating my linksys as its WAN and my linksys is treating the R2 as just another device on the network.  The linksys is not showing any devices connected to the r2, which is fine for me.

So basically it seems to be working right out the box, didn't need to configure anything, I just needed to reboot the router since it was initially set up being connected the the main modem.

Additionally, I was able to forward an incoming connection on a certain port on the linksys to a specific port on the netduma, and on the netduma side forward that incoming port from the linksys to a port on the gaming rig! 

Bad news is youtube ads are still showing up on the gaming rig :(

Is that because the r2 is behind the linksys?

Or the netduma can't block all ads?  Seemed to be working until I tried viewing a "Free with Ads" movie just to test and right away got an ad.

Is there a way to add more urls to block using the netduma?

Not blocking reddit ads either btw.

Youtube ads cannot be blocked the traditional way because they are served from the same servers the content is served from, you have to block them on the device you use it on.

On the pc uBlock Origin is enough.

• Administrators

Great to hear you got that all sorted! At the moment it can't block YouTube but we are looking to see whether we can block them. Yes on the blacklist at the bottom you can add more URLs to block and we can add some as well based on user feedback so any you come across that aren't let us know and we'll see if we can add them (if it doesn't impede general functionality of said website).

43 minutes ago, Deng said:

Youtube ads cannot be blocked the traditional way because they are served from the same servers the content is served from, you have to block them on the device you use it on.

On the pc uBlock Origin is enough.

do u know a reputable one for linux