Netduma is Slow

ahm1995m3

So I got the Netduma R2 and set it up according to the instructions. 

I did notice that my internet speed took a hit. I was using a Gateway provided by my ISP before and I was getting 900 down and 30 upload but with the Duma I got only 600-700.

Obviously this is a big difference to me and is very disappointing because I was expecting more from a $250 router.

I tried putting my Gateway into bridge mode and use only the router but that didnt make any difference.

I would like to get some help if possible I am not the most network savy person there is. 

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, is Connection Benchmark reporting the correct speeds? 

Do you have QoS enabled? If so, could you please fully disable it from the three-line menu in Congestion Control and check to see if this improves speeds?

5 minutes ago, ahm1995m3 said:

Yes I have done many tests to confirm this.

and QOS currently set to never. 

OK so connection benchmark is reporting the correct speeds then?

QoS set to never is not fully disabled I'm afraid, we'll need to fully disable it from the aforementioned menu in order to be sure it's not having an effect.

Yes the benchmark is not reporting the correct speed that I should be getting and what I was getting from my gateway.

I now set the QOS to disable from the menu as mentioned. Still arnt getting the right speeds. 

17 hours ago, ahm1995m3 said:

Yes the benchmark is not reporting the correct speed that I should be getting and what I was getting from my gateway.

I now set the QOS to disable from the menu as mentioned. Still arnt getting the right speeds. 

Thanks for confirming that, are ALL devices connected to the R2? Or are there still some devices connected to your gateway?

37 minutes ago, ahm1995m3 said:

My gateway is put into bridge mode so everything is thru the r2

When testing speeds, are you connected to the R2 via wired or wireless? We would expect wireless speeds to be lower than what you get from your ISP, we're working to improve this.