Xbox Series X- VPN- Horrible packet loss

Jp93

Good morning,

When I hybrid vpn on warzone I get horrible packet loss no matter where I vpn to. It always shows moderate nat through the cod menu and double strict nat through the Xbox. The ping itself isn’t the issue for me, it’s the packet loss. The game will freeze and jump over and over. Even if I vpn to my closest main city(just for testing purposes ofc) the ping won’t be so bad and it’ll be fine until the packet loss just jumps all over the place and it eventually freezes. I could strict geofilter a server no vpn and it be fine the whole game, enable the vpn and force the same server and the packet loss becomes unbearable. I also have an open NAT when not using a vpn. Is this something I should port forward or something to fix? Is there even a solution or can I just not use a vpn? The port forwarding stuff causes confusion. I also tested this with multiple different VPNs. Thanks!

• Administrators

Unfortunately there are no settings on the router you could change to mitigate those effects, it's simply down to using the VPN, a VPN adds extra hops to the destination server so will cause extra latency etc. You could try to use a gaming VPN and you may have more luck with that

The latency isn’t the issue, it’s the packet loss. So there’s no way to game on console using a vpn? I’m genuinely asking, I’m not sure. I understand the latency and distance to server thing, it’s just the freezing and skipping.

what’s considered a gaming VPN? I’ve tried pure vpn and express vpn. 

thanks for the response enjoy your Sunday!

13 hours ago, Jp93 said:

La latencia no es el problema, es la pérdida de paquetes. ¿Entonces no hay forma de jugar en la consola usando una VPN? Realmente estoy preguntando, no estoy seguro. Entiendo la latencia y la distancia al servidor, es solo la congelación y los saltos.

¿Qué se considera una VPN para juegos? Probé vpn puro y vpn expreso. 

gracias por la respuesta disfruta tu domingo!

Tenia ese mismo problema y eso es problema de tu operador de internet , deben tener saturacion en el nodo