High ping

I just played a match and I’m at high ping. My download speed is 237 and upload is 12, and I setup the download to 70% which is 164 mb and I’m still at high ping. Honestly I suck at this, and I wish I can understand why all this is happening but I’m all new to this.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issues, I'd recommend you go through our optimal settings guides first as they should get you sorted. Any questions or if you're still having the issue after that then let us know and we'll be happy to help.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

I believe I figured it out. I have to use geo-filter, and I test it out and I got 30 ping and below but when I turn it off I get 80 ping and above. However, is there a way where I can just get low ping without using geo-filter? Before I had a normal router and it wasn’t Netgear and I would get low ping, but with this new router I get high ping if I don’t enable the geo-filter

• Administrators

If you're connecting to a far away server and that's causing the high ping then the only way is the Geo-Filter. You'll need to use QoS to ensure a low and consistent connection as well.