Hybrid VPN - some remarks

ketheriel

Hi,

Two things about Hybrid VPN functionality:

1. My provider does authentication through certificates, no username/password; I am forced still to enter a username and password so that I can use the VPN, despite they not being used for anything. Would it be too complicated to detect if 'auth-user-pass' is not present in the configuration and if it isn't accept configuration without username/password ?
  2. If I introduce a configuration with an error (of any kind really, as long as it's a show stopper to successfully launch the client), it just fails without any log entry. From what I noticed, the logs are actually openvpn logs, so if a config is broken, it displays nothing because openvpn hasn't strarted? (guessing here). Can this be improved?

Thanks.

• Administrators

The first one we can definitely do, the second, I couldn't say for certain without a dev input - my thought would be if we don't connect and it fails then we may not know what went wrong. Regardless, I shall pass both on to the team and see what they can do.

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The first one we can definitely do, the second, I couldn't say for certain without a dev input - my thought would be if we don't connect and it fails then we may not know what went wrong. Regardless, I shall pass both on to the team and see what they can do.

That would be awesome (typing boggus stuff isn't that hard, but is at least misleading). Regarding 2, just capturing stderr and printing it if process doesn't start would make me happy and would avoid noise between providers due to copy/paste errors, unide bs, etc...