Actiontec MOCA Adapter with R2

csmith5888

Hi all,

I am waiting for my R2 to arrive but i had a few questions prior to receiving it and getting setup.

I currently have an Xfinity Modem/Router Combo but i run an Actiontec Moca Adapter to my PC in the basement due to the far distance from my Router.

My plan was to connect the R2 directly to the Xfinity Modem but i wasnt sure how this would affect the use of the Moca Adapter connected to my PC in the basement. Are there any changes that i would need to make to my xfinity router in order for the moca adpater to continue to work and run through the R2 router?

There may be no issue once i get the router and get it setup but i figured id see if there are any changes i should be preparing to make once it does arrive. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify the setup, you've bypassed the modem/router, connected the coax from the wall to the adapter and connected it to your PC? If so yes instead of the PC you could connect the R2 to the adapter and it will work

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify the setup, you've bypassed the modem/router, connected the coax from the wall to the adapter and connected it to your PC? If so yes instead of the PC you could connect the R2 to the adapter and it will work

Thank you and that is correct but that make sense. I initially planned on plugging the R2 into my modem directly but that makes sense to run the R2 into the moca instead. i will give it a try!