Decreasing Speeds down to single digits MBPS

I'm going to do my best to describe this issue. I have a modem/router combo that will not assign an IP address to the XR500 router without the SSID's being broadcasted. It will not work in bridge mode and I've worked with my stupid ISP to try and solve and they keep blaming the router. It's them clearly. Anyways, I now have an IP assigned to the router and up until today was pulling high levels of bandwidth through the XR500 (up to 500mbps). 

Today I noticed that the internet was extremely slow. I ran a speed test and got under 5mbps on multiple devices. When I restart the XR500 I get the speeds I should be which are over 300mbps. Within a matter of minutes the speeds drop to back under 5mbps. I've disabled QoS and am getting the same result. 

Hope this explains my issue and someone can help. I don't believe it's a modem issue and am thinking it has to do with the XR500 but I can't figure out why or where to start.

Appreciate the help.

8 hours ago, boomeraudio said:

I'm going to do my best to describe this issue. I have a modem/router combo that will not assign an IP address to the XR500 router without the SSID's being broadcasted. It will not work in bridge mode and I've worked with my stupid ISP to try and solve and they keep blaming the router. It's them clearly. Anyways, I now have an IP assigned to the router and up until today was pulling high levels of bandwidth through the XR500 (up to 500mbps). 

Today I noticed that the internet was extremely slow. I ran a speed test and got under 5mbps on multiple devices. When I restart the XR500 I get the speeds I should be which are over 300mbps. Within a matter of minutes the speeds drop to back under 5mbps. I've disabled QoS and am getting the same result. 

Hope this explains my issue and someone can help. I don't believe it's a modem issue and am thinking it has to do with the XR500 but I can't figure out why or where to start.

Appreciate the help.

Could you run a Connection Benchmark on the XR500 interface and post a screenshot of the results?

Are all devices connected to the XR500?

What firmware version is the XR500 running?